There is an NCS Team Leader role available within the Posh Foundation.
The Peterborough United Foundation are seeking to recruit an NCS Team Leader.
Salary: £10 – £12 per hour, depending on age and experience plus holiday
Reporting to: NCS Wave Leader
Closing Date: 31st March 2022
We are looking for seasonal NCS Team leaders to lead teams of up to 15 young adults aged 15-17 years old through our summer NCS Programme. The applicant should be a passionate individual with experience working with groups of young people.
Team Leaders lead, inspire and develop their team of participants through the NCS programme, will involve staying and working residentially. Team Leaders will support and lead the other staff allocated to their team (Team Assistant and Volunteers) to ensure the successful delivery of the NCS experience.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
1. To lead, motivate and inspire your team to succeed and complete all phases of the NCS programme, including pre-programme engagement, Monday – Friday, outward bound residential. Monday – Friday, based in Peterborough, social action planning & delivery and graduation events
2. Provide pastoral care, guided reflection and discipline of young people especially those within their team.
3. Plan, prepare and facilitate the set Peterborough United Foundation NCS timetable.
4. Work alongside, guide and support other staff allocated to your team.
5. Ensure the participants remain safe and adhere to Health and Safety guidelines, throughout the programme and during their social action project phase.
6. Complete all administrative paperwork & monetary requirements relating to the programme to the set deadlines and criteria.
7. Undertake monitoring and evaluation where required.
8. To resolve issues on a daily basis; to ensure that the wave leader is aware of all safeguarding issues and accidents in line with processes
9. Manage challenging behaviour from young people
10. Liaise regularly with your wave leader to keep them informed of any issues and progress.
11. Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parent/carers to provide effective support on a one-to-one or group basis to achieve NCS outcome targets
12. Attend regular supervision sessions with the NCS Co-ordinator and compulsory training to enable all duties to be carried out effectively
You may be required to work on a four-night-five-day full-time residential, which you will be expected to undertake night duty on a rota basis
To make sure that you read, are familiar with, and follow all Peterborough United Foundation policies and procedures and to read and accept key Peterborough United Foundation policies
To act as an ambassador for Peterborough United Foundation, upholding and promoting our corporate values
To undertake any other duties which can be reasonably expected of you within the level of your job
This post may involve overnight stays and it will also involve some evening and weekend working
Criteria Essential Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Experience of working directly with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Experience of planning, delivery and evaluation of activities for and with young people
Proven experience of excellent team work and collaboration in stressful situations.
Success in managing and motivating people in challenging environments.
Experience in a residential youth environment (e.g., youth camp, scout
camp, boarding school etc.)
Professional qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Education,
Counselling, Health, or Sports Coaching qualifications
Experience and understanding of the issues affecting young people at risk of social exclusion/offending
Experience of youth-led programme development and participative techniques
First aid qualification
Knowledge of the NCS programme
Understanding of relevant safeguarding/child protection issues.
Working knowledge of alcohol, drugs and their effects
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing
Ability to use IT effectively
Be able to problem solve in a pressured environment
Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries with young people.
Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan
Ability to organise your own work routines effectively with a minimum of supervision and support
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
An awareness and understanding of Equality & Diversity issues
Ability to promote equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities ofindividuals
Sound judgement and a responsible attitude
Punctual and reliable
Creative and flexible and able to work well with others in a team
Commitment to personal and professional development
Able to work within a flexible timetable and to commit to at least one 2 or 3 week programme
A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
Application is via the submission of an application form to Georgia.email@example.com. Those who pass an initial screening will be invited to attend an interview. Successful applicants will receive two and a half days of mandatory training as well as needing to complete several online training modules.
Employment is subject to the provision of satisfactory references and the completion of an enhanced DBS check. All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
25th July – 5th August + Graduation Event
15th August – 26th August + Graduation Event
If you are available for more than one wave, please let us know when applying.