The objectives below highlight the key areas of focus for the development of the programme. These are supported by a series of Key Performance Indicators linked to each department and phase.
- To ensure all stakeholders understand and contribute to the aims of the club and the vision and mission statements of the academy.
- To ensure that the individual needs of all young people within the academy programme are at the centre of all our activities.
- To provide and maintain a safe, inclusive and high-quality learning environment at all times.
- To focus on the development of positive characteristics in all our players and staff in line with our academy values.
- Ensure that all our processes are aligned throughout the whole programme and club.
- Develop the person through the consistent use of our values and the provision of an outstanding life-skills and education programme that supports not only progression through football but through alternative career paths as well.
- Develop young players, through outstanding recruitment and an outstanding age-specific coaching programme, delivered by outstanding people.
- Develop multi-disciplinary staff who provide continuity of support to the development of young people, young footballers and each other.