There is a job vacancy within the NCS team for the summer.
The Peterborough United Foundation are looking to recruit an NCS Team Assistant for the summer.
Job role: NCS Team Assistant
Salary: £8 – £9.50 per hour, depending on age and experience plus holiday
Reporting to: NCS Wave Leader
Closing Date: 31st March 2022
We are looking for seasonal NCS Team Assistants who are responsible, energetic and enthusiastic to help support and motivate a cohort of 15 to 17-year-olds through the NCS programme. Ensuring they have an experience of a lifetime, learn new skills and become inspired to make a difference in their communities.
You will support the team leader and help facilitate young people to complete all phases of the NCS programme, including pre-programme engagement, a residential, social action planning & delivery and graduation events.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
1. To support the team leader and provide supervision, motivation and inspiration to help support teams you work with to succeed and complete all phases of the NCS programme, including pre-programme engagement, Monday – Friday, outward bound residential. Monday – Friday, based in Peterborough, social action planning & delivery and graduation events/
2. To keep the young people focused and on track with the programme
3. To resolve minor issues daily; to ensure that the team leader and wave leader are aware of all safeguarding issues and accidents in line with processes
4. To complete all necessary registers and paperwork on time and accurately
5. Support the NCS team leader to deal with challenging behaviour from young people
6. Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parent/carers to provide effective support on a one-to-one or group basis to achieve NCS outcome targets
7. Attend regular supervision sessions with the NCS Co-ordinator and compulsory training to enable all duties to be carried out effectively
You may be required to work on a four-night-five-day full-time residential, which you will be expected to undertake night duty on a rota basis
To make sure that you read, are familiar with, and follow all Peterborough United Foundation policies and procedures and to read and accept key Peterborough United Foundation policies
To act as an ambassador for Peterborough United Foundation, upholding and promoting our corporate values
To undertake any other duties which can be reasonably expected of you within the level of your job
This post may involve overnight stays and it will also involve some evening and weekend working
Experience of working directly with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Experience of planning, delivery and evaluation of activities for and with young people
Proven experience of excellent team work and collaboration in stressful situations.
Professional qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Education, Counselling, Health, or Sports Coaching qualifications
Experience of working in a residential setting with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds
Experience and understanding of the issues affecting young people at risk of social exclusion/offending
Experience of youth-led programme development and participative techniques
First aid qualification
Knowledge of the NCS programme
Understanding of relevant safeguarding/child protection issues.
Working knowledge of alcohol, drugs and their effects
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing
Ability to use IT effectively
Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries with young people.
Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan
Ability to organise your own work routines effectively with a minimum of supervision and support
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
An awareness and understanding of Equality & Diversity issues
Ability to promote equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals
Punctual and reliable
Willingness to learn and follow instructions
Creative and flexible and able to work well with others in a team
Commitment to personal and professional development
Able to work within a flexible timetable and to commit to at least one 2 or 3- week programme
A full UK driving licence and access to a car for work purposes
Application is via the submission of an application form to Georgia.firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who pass an initial screening will be invited to attend an interview. Successful applicants will receive two and a half days of mandatory training as well as needing to complete several online training modules.
Employment is subject to the provision of satisfactory references and the completion of an enhanced DBS check. All candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
25th July – 5th August + Graduation Event
15th August – 26th August + Graduation Event
If you are available for more than one wave, please let us know when applying.