Posh pegged back to 2-2 after pulsating Championship clash at the Weston Homes Stadium.

A goal in the 96th minute earned Cardiff City a 2-2 draw against Peterborough United at the Weston Homes Stadium as towering centre back Aidan Flint bagged a brace with Posh losing defender Mark Beevers to a hamstring injury.

The towering Aidan Flint headed over under serious pressure from Mark Beevers on the quarter hour mark after a fairly quiet start in front of goal at both ends of the pitch. Siriki Dembele saw a shot blocked on 23 minutes after a clever pass from Ward, the Cardiff defenders doing well to crowd out the opportunity.

On 27 minutes, a fine pass from Dembele picked out 19-year-old Harrison Burrows, who took a good first touch, but dragged his left-foot shot wide of the far post. Burrows headed a Ward centre wide under severe pressure at the near post on 38 minutes after an excellent spell of pressure from Posh.

Aidan Flint and Marlon Pack were both cautioned after a melee following a challenge by Thompson, who came off worst, needing treatment from physiotherapist Matt Rogers. Posh found the breakthrough on 48 minutes and what a goal it was, youngster Harrison BURROWS making it two in two as he exchanged passes with Clarke-Harris before rifling the ball high into the net with his right-foot.

Moments later and Posh were 2-0 to the good and what a counter attack, DEMBELE winning the ball on the half-way line, exchanges passes with Clarke-Harris and pokes the ball past the advancing Phillips and into the back of the net.

The visitors had the chance to reduce the arrears on 53 minutes after a heavy touch from Knight gifted possession to Bacuna, he picked out Pack, but he put his effort wide of the near post. Clarke-Harris drilled a shot just wide of the near post from an acute angle on 58 minutes after Posh did well to close down the Cardiff rear-guard.

Posh were forced into a change on the hour mark as skipper Mark Beevers was forced off with an injury with Ethan Hamilton his replacement as Knight moved into the defence. Moore glanced a corner kick wide as the game entered the final 10 minutes with Posh battling hard.

The visitors reduced the arrears on 82 minutes as a right-wing centre was powered home by centre back Aiden FLINT. Ward was cautioned for time wasting on 86 minutes by referee Mr Bramall. Phillips produced a fine stop in stoppage time to keep out a first time effort by Burrows and moments later, substitute Randall fired wide of the near post after linking well with Marriott.

The visitors got an equaliser right at the death as a cross from the left was powered into the back of the net at the back post by the towering FLINT.

Posh: Pym, Butler, Thompson, Beevers (sub Hamilton 60min), Kent, Clarke-Harris (sub Randall 80min)m, Dembele (sub Marriott 66min), Knight, Burrows, Norburn, Ward. Unused subs: Cornell, Edwards, Kanu, Tomlinson.

Cardiff City: Phillips, Bagan, Morrison, Flint, Bacuna (sub Harris 78min), Ralls, Nelson, Collins (sub Colwill 78min), Pack, Giles, Ng (sub Moore 62min). Unused subs: Smithies, Vaulks, Murphy, Sang.

Half-time: Peterborough United 0-0 Cardiff City
Full-time: Peterborough United 2-2 Cardiff City
Attendance: 8,534 (680 Cardiff fans)
Referee: Mr Brammal