The football club will also be looking for further interns to help in different areas of the football club in the near future.
Peterborough United Football Club is offering a voluntary work placement across its Retail & Marketing teams. The chosen applicant will gain valuable experience working within an ambitious professional football club and have the chance to apply their academic knowledge within an applied setting. This opportunity will also aim give practical experience in the workplace and increase their employability.
The role will be varied and will require a hardworking and dedicated individual. In exchange, the Football Club can guarantee that the experience you will gain, and the responsibilities you are given in the role will stand you in great stead for a future career within marketing and e-commerce.
The E-commerce & Digital Content Intern will be responsible for the administrative aspects of our e-commerce infrastructure (online store), including uploading of new product and merchandising of the website. Alongside their e-commerce responsibilities, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the creation of digital content (written copy, static imagery and video content) to assist all areas of the football club.
- Setting up new products, writing and maintaining product descriptions and uploading of product shots
- Ensure that products are correctly categorised
- Creation of digital content for use across our marketing channels
- Liaise with retail, marketing and commercial teams regarding larger marketing plan
- Assisting the Retail team
- Assist with regular content for posting onto social media sites, including updates on new products and promotions/campaigns
Key Experience - Skills
- An understanding of e-commerce platforms
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud to produce images and video
- Capable of producing relevant and stylish copy and product descriptions
- Previous experience of website or e-commerce CMS
- A can-do attitude, ability to work as part of the larger team, and willingness to get stuck into a wide range of tasks
- Maintaining an excellent level of customer service
- To represent the Club to the highest standard in all daily activities
- To liaise with senior staff to ensure the smooth running of the online store
- Friendly and approachable
- Quick learner with a positive attitude
- Well-presented and professional
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Experience of e-commerce stores
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Online Marketplaces – Facebook, eBay, Amazon, etc.
- Experience with social media and email marketing
- Previous retail experience
Closing date is 5th June
Must be available for interview W/C 10th June
Email email@example.com with cover letter and CV to apply