We are excited to be recruiting and welcoming applications for the role of Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the creation, delivery and effectiveness of marketing campaigns across the Football Club.
Full-time (including Match Days)
£30k + Bonus TBC
- Develop a seasonal marketing strategy in line the with the Peterborough United brand and core values, concentrating on the following areas according to the standards and requirements of the Board of Directors- retail, ticketing, memberships, hospitality and in-stadium catering
- Ownership and delivery of a structured schools ‘new fan initiative’ and community engagement programme with clearly tracked return on investment
- Manage a small marketing team and carry out all required people management responsibilities
- Plan content and wider activations in advance in line with the communications and Club strategy
- Organisation and delivery of match day marketing, fan engagement strategies and non-match day marketing events
- Accountable for ensuring that marketing campaigns are developed and delivered effectively, on time and on budget
- Support the management of the club’s new supporter loyalty programme
- Work with the wider team to improve the Posh match day experience
- Delivery of Season ticket launch, continued focus of season ticket retention, benefits and attraction strategy
- Identifying new ways to increase size of the fanbase and customer database
- Ownership of Club’s digital marketing activity including PPC, SEM, Display, Paid social
- Ownership of Club’s outbound/traditional marketing activity including OOH, DM, POS & print
- Organisation of Club’s editorial/content across local print magazines.
- Delivering the Club's CRM Activity
- Working closely with the Club’s supporter liaison officer to identify areas for improvements, fan feedback and improved communication between fan and Club
- Sponsorship activation - work with Club/EFL partners to market their products or services
Experience & Qualifications
- Marketing Degree or equivalent or can demonstrate significant industry experience
- Experience of writing, managing and delivering integrated marketing campaigns utilising a full range of marketing tools and channels
- Experience of briefing a design studio and/or creative process execution
- At least 12 months marketing experience in a professional sporting venue (Desirable)
- Good understanding of the Adobe creative cloud (In particular Photoshop) (Desirable)
- Passionate/Good knowledge of football (Desirable)
Skills and personal attributes
- Ability to articulate and influence key strategic decisions & build relationships
- High standard of organisational and project management skills
- Creative flair and confidence with a positive attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Strong analytical, insight development and reporting skills
- Proactive team player able to work individually and as part of a team
- Well-presented and professional
- Ability to Understanding KPI’s and stats to drive KPI improvements
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with our Managers colleagues and staff
- High level of confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude with drive and self-motivation
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use MS Office suite and marketing software
- Accuracy and attention to detail including excellent written and verbal skills
- Understands and embraces speed of response
Ability to own issues to resolution
Peterborough United Football Club is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.
If you believe you meet the shortlisting criteria and would like to apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
At Peterborough United Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is championed in all areas of the Club. PUFC promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, volunteers, participants, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
Peterborough United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder may be subject to any background checks as required.
Safeguarding at PUFC
Peterborough United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Satisfactory reference and enhanced DBS check (if required) are required for successful applicants.
Peterborough United are required to conduct online searches as part of their shortlisting process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
In particular, we expect all to:
- To have the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interpret this accurately for all individuals’ children, young people and vulnerable adults whatever their circumstances
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information accurately