Pay - £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Hours – full time hours per week
Contract - Permanent – Ideal start date 6th November
Location – Peterborough United Training Ground, Oundle Road, Peterborough with travel to matches
We are currently seeking a new Lead Academy Physiotherapist.
This role will be managing and implementing a Category 2 Academy medical programme at Peterborough United Football Club. This will also:
- Provide daily prevention, diagnosis and treatment of injuries to players in the professional development phase and when required first team.
- To manage and work alongside the Academy Physiotherapist and other part-time therapists to provide excellent evidence-based care to the young footballers in the academy. This will include providing pitch side cover to the U21 team on match days and training days.
- To support the delivery and development of the entire medical department to ensure leading quality of provision is available for all players both academy and first team everyday throughout a 365-day year.
The successful person will have:
- A bachelors or masters degree in Physiotherapy and registered with the Chartered Society of
Physiotherapy (CSP) and HCPC.
- Have a valid FA ATMMiF course certificate.
- Experience of working within a sporting environment, preferably with an academy setting.
- Valid FA Safeguarding certificate.
- Own transport
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a CV and supporting covering letter to Jonathan.Chatfield@theposh.com. If you have any questions regarding this role please email these to us and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
CLOSING DATE: 15th September 2023
At Peterborough United Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is championed in all areas of the Club. PUFC promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, volunteers, participants, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
Safeguarding at PUFC
Peterborough United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Satisfactory reference and enhanced DBS check (if required) are required for successful applicants.
Peterborough United are required to conduct online searches as part of their shortlisting process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
In particular, we expect all to:
- To have the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interpret this accurately for all individuals’ children, young people and vulnerable adults whatever their circumstances
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information accurately