Pay – dependant on experience
Hours – full time hours
Contract - Permanent Contract – Start date ASAP
Location – Peterborough United Training Ground, Oundle Road, Peterborough with travel to matches
Closing Date: Monday 14th August 2023.
Peterborough United are looking to appoint a full-time Head of Academy Goalkeeping to support the growth of the programme following being granted Category 2 status.
Applicants must possess both a B Licence qualification for Goalkeeping and Outfield.
Extensive experience of working within a strategic environment to support the long-term development of goalkeepers
To play a significant role in the development of footballers within the Academy programme. Helping the academy achieve its vision of becoming ‘a leading Category 2 Academy developing a minimum of 3 academy graduates per season’.
The Head of Academy Goalkeeping will be accountable for all elements of the goalkeeping programme within the academy from Under 7’s-Under 21’s age groups.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To play a leading role in the development of academy goalkeepers throughout the system.
- To play a leading role in the designing, implementation, and continued evolution of the goalkeeping coaching programme across the age groups.
- To plan and deliver effective coaching sessions across the different phases.
- To liaise with other staff in developing and implementing Individual Development Plans for academy goalkeepers.
- Use HUDL and Veo to produce and then deliver video content for the players.
- To play a key role in the development of academy coaches – liaising with the Head of Academy Coaching.
- To attend and contribute to the Academy CPD programme and coach meetings.
- Ensuring player-parent reviews are arranged and delivered effectively across the season.
- To liaise with recruitment staff and coaching staff to identify need for recruitment of goalkeepers and progress of trialists across the age groups.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are implemented and recorded as required.
- Attend any relevant training requirements e.g. first aid, safeguarding children.
- Assist with parent communication.
- Work and communicate with the 1st team goalkeeping coach to manage the transition of academy goalkeepers and report on the progress of goalkeepers within the system.
- To ensure the goalkeeping department maintain accurate records of training and match outcomes using the Performance Management Application (PMA)
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person, or adult at risk. As such, we adhere to Safer Recruitment processes and for some roles a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service may be required prior to starting in a role at the Club.
- Peterborough United Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and embrace equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, sex and religion or belief.
- Employees will be recruited and selected, based on objective criteria.
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter detailing the skills and experience you possess to Tony Cook, Head of Coaching firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midday Monday 14th August 2023.