Due to internal promotion we are excited to be recruiting for the role of Finance Manager.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Finance Manager will be responsible fully responsible for managing the day-to-day Finance function, managing a small direct reporting team.
SALARY Competitive Salary (dependant on experience), plus benefits, complimentary match attendance, fantastic sporting environment.
LOCATION Weston Homes Stadium.
Finance and compliance
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales including balance sheet reconciliations and variance commentary.
- Production of monthly cashflows for submissions to Club owners with variance analysis.
- Manage quarterly VAT returns.
- Manage legal and statutory filing, dealing with external audit, as well as HMRC.
- Manage the annual budget process, working closely with departmental heads to maximise efficiencies and cost control.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as auditors
- Present at and attend appropriate meetings such as Club owners and the Executive Committee
- Lead on implementation of new Finance system
- Upskilling wider teams to identify efficiencies, process improvements and implement rigid financial controls
- Management of the Finance team to ensure that all sales ledger, purchase ledger and banking processes are completed accurately and timely.
- Carry out all people management processes including mentoring, support for training and professional development
- Work with each department to ensure budgetary control and identify cost savings. Coach and support to achieve best outcomes and objectives
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, including senior management and department heads. Payroll
- Provide monthly payroll data to the outsourced payroll provider, complete payroll reconciliations and manage payroll queries (where required).
ABOUT YOU - Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified Account (ACCA/CIMA) with at least 3 years post qualification experience in a similar role
- Experienced people manager (Essential)
- Strong Finance system experience (Essential)
- Excellent Excel skills (Essential)
- Business Partnering experience (desirable)
- Xero Finance System (desirable)
- SAGE Finance System (desirable)
- Good knowledge of football sporting sector (desirable)
If you have what we’re looking for and would love to be part of the PUFC team, please email your CV with a covering letter, including your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at PUFC
At Peterborough United Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is championed in all areas of the Club. PUFC promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, volunteers, participants, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
Safeguarding at PUFC
Peterborough United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Satisfactory reference and enhanced DBS check (if required) are required for successful applicants.
Peterborough United are required to conduct online searches as part of their shortlisting process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
In particular, we expect all to:
- To have the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interpret this accurately for all individuals’ children, young people and vulnerable adults whatever their circumstances
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information accurately