Pay - £50 per session
Hours – Up to 12 hours per week
Contract - Fixed Term Contract
Location – Peterborough United Training Ground, Oundle Road, Peterborough with travel to matches
We are currently seeking a new Academy Therapist.
An exciting casual opportunity has arisen within the Peterborough United FC academy medical department for a hard-working individual who is passionate about starting or continuing a career in elite football.
Working within a well-respected Category 2 academy, the chosen applicant will work alongside the Academy Physiotherapist and other part-time therapists to provide excellent evidence-based care to the young footballers in the academy. This will include providing pitch side cover to the schoolboy teams on match days.
This is an ideal role for a qualified sports therapist or physiotherapist looking to gain experience in a young elite footballing environment. The successful applicant will also receive CPD as part of the departmental programme.
The successful person will have:
- BSc Physiotherapy/Sport Therapy
- HCPC/SST membership
- Pitch side trauma certificate (e.g. ITMMiF) or willingness to undertake ITMMiF prior to work commencing. (Potential to assist with ITMMiF costs for the right candidate)
Skills and experience:
- Full driving licence
- Flexibility around working hours
- Computer literacy
- An understanding of the demands of a professional sport environment
- Experience of working pitch side in sport, preferably football (desirable)
- Experience of using PMA system (desirable)
- Ability to communicate well and build excellent working relationships with colleagues and players
- Commitment and strong work ethic
- Genuine team player
- High level of integrity and discretion
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a CV and supporting covering letter to Rahul.Phillips@theposh.com.
If you have any questions regarding this role please email these to us and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
At Peterborough United Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is championed in all areas of the Club. PUFC promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, volunteers, participants, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
Peterborough United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder may be subject to any background checks as required.
Safeguarding at PUFC
Peterborough United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Satisfactory reference and enhanced DBS check (if required) are required for successful applicants.
Peterborough United are required to conduct online searches as part of their shortlisting process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
In particular, we expect all to:
- To have the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interpret this accurately for all individuals’ children, young people and vulnerable adults whatever their circumstances
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information accurately