Fleetwood Town v Posh

Posh beaten 1-0 by Fleetwood Town in latest Sky Bet League One fixture.

Peterborough United suffered a second successive Sky Bet League One defeat as Fleetwood Town took their one chance in front of goal on an evening of frustration as Darren Ferguson’s men created more chances, had huge swathes of possession, but failed to breakdown a stubborn Cod Army rear-guard.

On eight minutes, Posh came close to the breakthrough as Jack Taylor let fly from distance, his curling effort was heading for the top corner until goalkeeper Jay Lynch extended his arm and sent the shot over the crossbar via the crossbar.

Poku glanced a header from a Taylor centre just wide of the far post 60 seconds later as Posh continued to threaten. The hosts opened the scoring with their first attack, a wayward pass out of the defence was intercepted, Patterson advanced and his dinked cross to the back post was headed past Norris by OMICHERE.

Clarke-Harris headed wide of the target on the half hour mark after a good run and cross from Ogbeta as Posh tried to get back into the contest after slipping behind against the run of play. Ogbeta picked out Mason-Clark on 37 minutes, but the former Barnet winger sliced his shot wide of the target.

Ogbeta was proving a real outlet on the left, he glided past two defenders and burst into the box three minutes before the break, but he couldn’t force his shot past Lynch. The Cod Army introduced Jack Marriott at the start of the second half with the goal-scorer Omichere withdrawn through injury.

Nathan Thompson was booked for a foul on the halfway line by the official on 55 minutes as the hosts tried to break at pace on the counter. Darren Ferguson made his first change around the hour mark with Harrison Burrows replacing Thompson.

Mason-Clark picked out the on-rushing Taylor moments later arriving well in the box, but he guided his effort just wide of the far post. Kyprianou lashed a shot over the top on 68 minutes moments after Ogbeta’s cross somehow eluded everyone in the area.

Clarke-Harris saw a well struck free-kick well held by Lynch on 74 minutes as Posh continued to threaten in a game that they were totally dominating in every stat by the most important one. Tshimanga replaced Poku as Ferguson made his second change with a quarter of the match remaining.

Fleetwood: Lynch, Wiredu, Ndaba, Stockley (sub Nsiala 78min), Robertson, Warrington, Holgate, Omochere (sub Marriott 46min), Patterson (sub Hayes 65min), Rooney, McAdam (sub Gomes 65min). Unused subs: McMullan, Johnson, Dolan.

Posh: Norris, Ogbeta (sub Butler 86min), Kent (sub Knight 86min), Edwards, N. Thompson (sub Burrows 60min), Ward, Taylor, Kyprianou, Poku (sub Tshimanga 76min), Clarke-Harris, Mason-Clark. Unused subs: Blackmore, Fuchs, B. Thompson.

Half-time: Fleetwood Town 1-0 Peterborough United
Full-time: Fleetwood Town 1-0 Peterborough United
Referee: Martin Wood