Posh v Charlton Athletic

Josh Knight was sent-off but Charlton winger Jesurun Rak-Sakyi was a lucky man not to pick up a red card for retaliation in a 0-0 draw.

Referee Mr Kitchen was the man in the middle and it proved to be quite a hot contest for the official as he dismissed Josh Knight, but failed to spot a retaliation straight out of WWE as Jesurun Rak-Sakyi somehow got away with an immediate riposte as Peterborough United and Charlton Athletic drew 0-0 at the Weston Homes Stadium.

It was a fairly uneventful opening quarter of an hour in the pouring rain at the Weston Homes Stadium with the first chance coming from a set-piece, which Lucas Ness headed over the crossbar. Posh were close to the breakthrough on 20 minutes as a cross to the back post by Ogbeta picked out Clarke-Harris battling at the back post, but his downward header was superbly kept out by Maynard-Brewer.

Posh had appeals for a spot-kick turned down on 28 minutes as Mason-Clark took a tumble in the box, but the referee Andrew Kitchen waved away the protests. Fraser dragged a shot wide with his left-foot on 49 minutes as the Addicks came close to opening the scoring four minutes after the re-start following a fairly quiet first 45 minutes.

Posh were reduced to 10-men on 54 minutes as Josh Knight was shown a straight red card for a kick out. Rak-Sakyi then punched Knight to the floor in retaliation but somehow got away with just a yellow card. Jack Taylor was also cautioned.

Dobson steered a volley over the top as the hour mark approached with Posh with it all to do in the remaining part of the contest. Darren Ferguson made a double change with Oliver Norburn and Ricky-Jade Jones introduced into the fray.

Rak-Sakyi saw a low shot pushed around the post by Norris on 81 minutes with Dobson going into the book for a foul on Taylor moments later. Taylor saw a low effort three minutes into stoppage time held by the keeper after a forceful run forward.

Posh: Norris, Ogbeta, Knight, Edwards, N. Thompson, Ward (sub Kent 58min), Taylor, Kyprianou (sub Norburn 65min), Poku (sub Jones 65min), Mason-Clark, Clarke-Harris. Unused subs: Blackmore, B. Thompson, Tshimanga, Burrows.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer, Sessegnon (sub Leaburn 76min), Dobson (sub Henry 90min), Hector (sub Blackett-Taylor 65min), Bonne, Rak-Sakyi, Payne, Fraser (sub Penney 76min), Inniss, Clare, Ness. Unused subs: Wollacott, Morgan, Kilkenny.

Half-time: Peterborough United 0-0 Charlton Athletic
Full-time: Peterborough United 0-0 Charlton Athletic
Attendance:  8,219 (1,235 Charlton Athletic fans)
Referee: Andrew Kitchen