The Foundation are seeking a Sports Scholarship Coach/DPP Manager.
The Posh Foundation are looking to recruit a Sports Scholarship Coach/DPP Manager. The full description for the vacancy is below.
Salary: From £18,500 a year
- Driving Licence (Required)
- FA Level 2 in Football coaching (Required)
Job Title: Sport Scholarship Coach / DPP Manager
Reports to: Scholarship Manager
Type of Position: Full-Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To deliver the Community strategy for Peterborough United Foundation to ensure that all aspects of the key themes are delivered to a high standard.
- The job holder will be responsible for delivering the key themes at the venues instructed.
- In addition to good management, organisational and administrational skills the job holder will be required to work closely and successfully with our senior management team.
- Be accountable for the standard of professionalism.
- Be accountable for monitoring and evaluation tasks.
- Be able to run from a Syllabus throughout the year.
All employees must ensure a thorough understanding of the Safeguarding Handbook and all the policies and procedures within it.
Key Skills and Experience Required: ESSENTIAL
- FA Level 2 coaching certificate
- FA Coaching License
- Understanding and knowledge of The Football League Trust as well as our key partners and funding streams attached to the programme.
- Knowledge and understanding of the FA and Football League rules relating to Community Development.
- Experience of working within a strategic environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organisational and administrational skills.
- Ability to work within a team effectively and efficiently.
Key Skills and Experience Required: DESIRABLE
- Working towards the B Licence
- An interest in other sports.
- Experience of playing in both youth development environment.
- Work towards completing the FA Youth Award
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To support the Foundation in the development of the Community strategy.
- Work with the Foundation to meet the requirements of the Premier League Capability Status.
- To be part of a team of Football Coaches responsible for leading high-quality football sessions to 16 – 18-year-olds daily.
- To be part of a team of Sports Coaches responsible for the delivery of sports, health and school sports activities to young people aged between 5 to 18 years across Peterborough and the surrounding area.
- To maintain records of attendance at sessions and conduct evaluation of the provision on an ongoing basis. To provide written records / plans of activities provided.
- To ensure all health and safety procedures are followed including risk assessments, check sheets and records are completed.
- Such other duties as may from time to time be reasonably directed by the line manager or their representative.
- Take part in all available CPD opportunities to gain further knowledge and increase the high standards of delivery.
- To continue to gain knowledge of the running of the department.
- To develop a network of key partners to support the programme with similar strategies to develop specific projects.
- To develop internal relations with all departments at the football club to support the whole club philosophy.
- To organise and deliver a range of different, sporting, activities suitable for children and young adults in both informal community settings and within schools.
- Support at a range of events and competitions as required.
- To support the on-going promotion of the projects and assist in them becoming sustainable programmes.
- To oversee development centres, provide details of coaching topics, ensure registers and payments are made and be in contact with parents/career to build positive relationships.
- Deliver Sports Scholarship sessions on a daily basis. Plan/Deliver/Review
- Act as assistant to the Manager of the Sports Scholarship “B” Team.
- Lead delivery of groups of children at holiday camps, as directed by the relevant manager.
- To adopt a flexible approach to ensure all activities are safe and enjoyable and are all inclusive.
- Implement the Foundation’s administrative procedures and safeguarding policies.
- To be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are implemented, and recorded as required.
- Attend any relevant training requirements for example, first aid, safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
- To apply all the Foundation’s policies and the staff code of conduct to all work that you undertake.
- Administrations tasks including booking officials and transport for matchdays.
Person Specification: ESSENTIAL
- Good communication skills.
- High professional standards.
- Good timekeeper.
- Team player.
- Good organisational skills.
- Knowledge and qualifications within the sports industry.
- Ability to deal with a diverse range of issues and people.
Person Specification: DESIRABLE
- Be a strong problem solver.
- A positive and pro-active attitude.
- Smart appearance.
- Monday to Friday
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough, PE2 7EA: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 15/02/2023
Expected start date: 01/03/2023