The Posh Foundation are recruiting for a part-time School Sports Coach.
Due to an expanded primary school delivery programme, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven and motivated individuals to join the Peterborough United Foundation’s coaching team. Do you have regular spare time to dedicate to coaching? Do you wish to supplement your current income with some additional paid hours? Are you looking to take the first steps into a coaching career? We are looking for reliable sports coaches to deliver after-school sports clubs and evening sessions around your current lifestyle.
Job Title: School Sports Coach (Part-Time)
Reports to: School Sports Manager – Gavin Slater (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Type of Position: Part-Time & Term-Time contracts possible. (No Zero hours contract)
Hours: Daytime and/or Evening
Salary: Dependant on number of hours each week you can commit to.
Job Purpose: To lead and assist in the delivery, monitoring and evaluation of high-quality football and sports coaching sessions within our schools, school holiday camps and PL Kicks programmes.
- Lead sessions and support project staff on the School Sports programme
- Support programme leads with data collection, maintain registers etc.
- The job holder will be responsible for delivering the key themes at the venues instructed.
- Good management, organisational and administrational skills will be required to work closely and successfully with line manager and our senior management team
- Be accountable for the standard of professionalism.
- Be accountable for monitoring and evaluation tasks, linking to successful project reporting.
- All employees must ensure thorough understanding of the Safeguarding Handbook and all of the policies and procedures within it.
- Support school sport programme by delivering PPA Cover, lunch and after-school clubs
- Deliver wider Foundation programmes including health & wellbeing, disability, DPP and EPP sessions.
Job Description: DOWNLOAD Document.
Application Process: To apply, applicants should email their C.V. and a covering letter to Community Manager, Gavin Slater (email@example.com), highlighting their coaching qualifications, their experience of sports coaching and suitability for the post. Applicants should hold an FA Coaching Qualification of Level 1 or above and have experience of PE delivery to primary school age children.
Please note: Anyone appointed to this role will have contact with children and vulnerable adults, and therefore, the post holder will require an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
Safeguarding: Peterborough United Foundation is committed to safeguarding and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Equality & Diversity: We are a diverse organisation that respects differences in race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, background or personal circumstance, we welcome all applications.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 3rd February 2023. We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.