An exciting role has become available within our Academy.
An exciting role has become available within our Academy as Lead Academy Coach for the under 15s and 16s within the Youth Development Phase.
This role will contribute to the development of footballers within the Academy programme. Helping the Academy achieve its vision of becoming ‘a leading Category 2 Academy developing a minimum of three academy graduates per season’.
This is a part-time role requiring nine hours of work. The responsibility involves leading on all aspects of player development within the certain age group. To plan, deliver and review coaching sessions and matchdays in alignment with our academy methodology. To ensure each individual player under your provision has an up-to-date individual development plan which is being consistently worked towards.
Hours - 9 per week – to be worked a mixture of evenings and weekends. Start date 18th July - end date: 28th May 2023.
Benefits – Excellent annual leave allowance, Workplace pension, free staff parking, staff events and more!
- To play a significant role in the safeguarding and development of all the children that fall under your provision in alignment with our academy methodology
- Plan and deliver effective coaching sessions in alignment with the PUFC academy methodology
- Plan and lead matchdays effectively in alignment with the PUFC academy methodology
- Ensuring all players under your provision have an up-to-date, relevant, detailed Individual Development Plan (IDP) which is consistently worked towards.
- Ensuring the PMA is maintained consistently; including game time, session plans, attendance and ongoing player reviews
- Plan and deliver effective player (and parent) review meetings on a six (and 12 weekly) basis with each player under your provision
- Where required, planning and delivering effective classroom content to the players, including analysis, using software such as Hudl
- Ensuring full participation and application in academy meetings and CPD. Where appropriate, contributing to these meetings and CPD events
- Ensuring trialists are greeted, accommodated and looked after appropriately
- Embodying club and academy values at all times
- Working with multi-disciplinary staff within the academy effectively to support player development
- Communicating with parents effectively when required Other responsibilities
- Be available to travel to other sites outside of their region (if required)
- Be aware of the PUFC policies, procedures & best practise so that concerns of non-compliance can be raised at all times e.g. Safeguarding, Inclusion, Diversity
- Always ensure GDPR and CQC compliance
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Support, guide and encourage other staff in personal and professional development
- Self-assess and work on own personal and professional development
- Help new colleagues through induction process and complete all areas to the highest standard
Experience & Qualification
- UEFA B Coaching Licence
- FA Youth Award
- Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
- Up-to-date safeguarding certification
- Experience working within player development
- Extensive experience working within professional football (desirable)
- FA Advanced Youth Award (desirable) Skills and personal attributes
- Well-presented and professional
- High organisational and planning skills
- Ability to communicate to, build relationships with and teach young people effectively
- Ability to travel to various sites
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with our managers, colleagues and staff
- Plan and prioritise workload and own administration so that deadlines and standards are met
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude with drive and self-motivation
- IT skills to be able to use platforms such as PMA and Hudl
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, click here
CLOSING DATE: 8th July 2022 (we may close the role early due to ongoing interviews)