The club are looking to recruit a Facilities Supervisor to coordinate the day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the PUFC Stadium - Applications close on Tuesday 16th May.
Pay - £23-£25,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Hours – 37.5 hours per week, to include home match days, typically Saturday or midweek evening.
Dates – Immediate start
Benefits – Workplace pension, free staff parking in a central location, staff events, great work environment, great sporting career development, good annual leave and more.
Location – Weston Homes Stadium, Peterborough United Football Club
Close date – Tuesday 16th May.
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Supervisor to supervise and coordinate the day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the PUFC Stadium (London Road) & Training ground (Oundle Road) ensuring a safe and effective working environment and the best possible experience for all our fans, customers, and staff.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the role will proactively lead, manage and assist the cleaning and facilities team with maintaining the stadium and training ground to the highest standards.
- To support the Head of Operations & Safety & Security Officer in the delivery of Stadium operation
- Deliver the highest standards of health & safety, ensuring that the stadium operates in a safe
- environment & all records updated as necessary, including environmental, health & security standards
- Supervise multi-disciplinary team of staff including cleaning, maintenance whilst working alongside grounds, reception and security
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, power, lighting, heating, & cooling, are well maintained
- Continuously work to increase energy efficiency/cost-effectiveness across all areas of the business
- Ensure optimum deployment of staff and other resources
- Liaise and manage contractors and trades whilst onsite including security, parking, cleaning, catering and waste disposal
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and inspection of all buildings, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, safety, and waste management for both the Stadium & training ground in line with budgets
- Working with the Operations Manager & Safety Officer, attend, assist, and manage Matchday
- Cleaning & maintenance preparations & operations ensuring meets EFL/SAG/SGSA requirements
- Oversee maintenance consumables budget and ensure efficient and cost-effective purchase of services and consumables
- Maintain H&S standards & records in conjunction with Operations Manager
- Provide project support & assistance to Operations Manager & senior management team
- Working with the Operations Manager to improve the sustainability & energy efficiency of the Club’s estate
- Managing the opening and closing of the Stadium
- Demonstrate the Peterborough United FC values at all times.
- Work alongside other team members to support in other departments as and when required to promote best practice.
The successful person will have relevant experience in a similar role or can demonstrate transferrable skills, relevant industry qualifications (i.e., Health & Safety) desirable but not essential and previous supervisory experience is desirable.
Naturally positive, professional and enthusiastic you will have a passion for ensuring our facilities and buildings are well cared for.
Click here to read the full Job and Person Description
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a CV and supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any questions regarding this role please email these to us and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at PUFC
At Peterborough United Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is championed in all areas of the Club. PUFC promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, volunteers, participants, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
Peterborough United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder may be subject to any background checks as required.
Safeguarding at PUFC
Peterborough United is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Satisfactory reference and enhanced DBS check (if required) are required for successful applicants. Peterborough United are required to conduct online searches as part of their shortlisting process in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. In particular, we expect all to:
- To have the ability to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Appreciate the significance of safeguarding and interpret this accurately for all individuals’ children, young people and vulnerable adults whatever their circumstances
- To have a good understanding of the safeguarding agenda and can demonstrate an ability to contribute towards a safe environment
- The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information accurately