There is a vacancy at the idvede Training Ground for a Head of Academy Player Care role.
Location: Peterborough United Training Ground, Oundle Road, Peterborough
Salary: Dependent on Experience/Details provided upon request
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Our Academy Programme continues to grow. We have recently been awarded Category 2 status and we are very proud of our reputation for developing outstanding young people and talented young footballers.
The Academy has seen significant investment into its programme in recent years, providing the environment and staffing required to continue the excellent support provided for all our young players from U9s through to U21s.
This position provides the opportunity to lead and manage our Player Care and Personal Development support programmes, across all ages of our Academy, U9 – U23.
Our Head of Academy Player Care will work closely with all multi-disciplinary departments to ensure we provide collaborative, consistent and structured delivery and education for our players and staff to develop holistically while developing and competing in an Elite Football environment.
- Lead, develop and deliver a bespoke Player Care department, specific to the requirements of the young players in our care at Peterborough United.
- Implement, delivering and review positive Mental Health initiatives across the Academy
- Monitor and support players and families with their move into Club provided accommodation
- Alongside our Head of Education; Design, support delivery and review our Personal Development Program for all ages
- To be responsible for ensuring our Departmental KPI’s are measured effectively, assessed and evolved in line with the Academy’s aspiration
- Lead on Parent and Carer Player Wellbeing Workshops across all phases
- Establish, maintain and inform AMT of information received through our Player & Parent voice sessions.
- To provide Outstanding Player Care and Personal Development delivery and set examples for all Academy staff to emulate
- To liaise closely with the Academy Psychologist to help deliver emotional management training
- Induction and transition process for new players and their families.
- Support the MDT staff with their understanding and effectiveness of Player Care and Personal Development.
- To work alongside our Senior Safeguarding Officer in ensuring all data in respect to player care and Safeguarding is recorded onto ‘MyConcern’.
- To support players and families for effective transitions throughout their Academy journey. This will include Exit Strategies as well as Inductions.
- Introduce and support players in developing their Personal Development Plans and design effective monitoring processes.
- Build and develop relationships with External stakeholders, in order to ensure we are offering staff, players and the Academy as a whole effective and worthwhile CPD opportunities.
- To act as a Health & Safety representative for the Academy, attending and contributing to regular Health & Safety and Operations meetings when appropriate.
- To contribute towards the Academy Management Team as Head of Department as and when required
- To fully commit and promote best practice to all stakeholders towards our Academy Values
- To carry out any other duties required by the Academy Management Team
- Assist in planning and attend designated Academy tours
- To support PUFC academy players out on loan or being loaned to PUFC as well as players on trial at PUFC.
- Attend national and regional meetings and conferences arranged by the relevant league and FA
- Educated to degree level (D)
- FA Safeguarding Certificate (E)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (E)
- FA 1st Aid Trained (D)
- Mental Health 1st Aid Certificate (D)
- Experience of working in a School, Sports or Welfare context with experience of working with children (E)
- Extensive administrative experience (E)
- Experience of working at professional football club and/or training ground environment (D)
- Experience of working in an Academy environment, with understanding of the EPPP, Audit & Safeguarding processes (E)
- Experience of report writing, monitoring and maintaining records (E)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (E)
- Proficient with Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint (E)
- Effective organisational skills (E)
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration (E)
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success (E).
Peterborough United Football club are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We endeavour to provide a fun, safe and welcoming environment where children and young people feel respected and valued.
To find out more about the role, including the duties click here.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Friday 12th August at 5pm.