The Academy are seeking a Sport Scientist
JOB TITLE – Academy Sport Scientist
CONTRACT TYPE – Permanent
HOURS – 40 hours per week
LOCATION – Idverde Training Ground
REPORTING TO – Academy Head of Athletic Development
SALARY – £24-26k dependent on qualifications and experience
To provide Sports Science support to Peterborough United Academy players, delivering a comprehensive programme that is in line with the Sports Science programme and the Academy philosophy.
• Deliver a Sports Science (SS) programme that reflects best practice and scientific principles in order to maximise performance.
• Provide technical coaching support in SS, broadening the clubs knowledge and understanding of SS practice in a professional football Academy.
• Provide SS support to U18 Professional Phase players on training and match days, both home and away.
• Provide SS support to the rehabilitation process in line with the requirements of the Academy Medical team.
• Contribute to and support the development and implementation of the Academy Performance Plan.
• Identify and facilitate appropriate communication methods to explain the most effective use of SS practice.
• Support the player education process and provide updates on player progress as required.
• Represent the Academy SS department at meetings, events and conferences.
• Engage with and support both personal and departmental continuous professional development.
• Maintain a comprehensive, indexed database of work conducted.
• Work within the rules of professional confidentiality and follow the BASES and/or UKSCA code of conduct, standards and guidelines.
• Assist in the management, maintenance and development of the SS equipment and facilities at the Academy.
• Any other reasonable duties.
• Always perform duties with due regard to club policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
• Ensure implementation of the club’s health & safety, safeguarding, welfare and equality policies to create a safe working environment for all.
• Ensure working practices are compliant with relevant legislation and data protection legislation and/or general data protection regulations (GDPR) requirements.
• Undertake continuous professional development (CPD) training and/or additional training as identified or as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
• A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Sports Science or Strength & Conditioning from a recognised University
• Hold or be working towards holding British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences accreditation.
• FA Safeguarding Certificate
• FA Emergency First Aid in Football
• A qualification at higher degree level (or equivalent) in Sports Science from a recognised University
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience providing SS support to elite youth athletes and coaching staff with proven ability to positively impact performance
• A knowledge and understanding of the physiological demands of elite youth football
• Awareness of the pressure and challenges of working in a high-performance environment
• Able to create and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders
• Able to deliver SS support on a group and individual basis
• Knowledge and understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan and associated audit process
•Previous experience of using Catapult GPS tracking technology and interpretation of associated data.
• Proficient in the use of data management and analytics packages including PowerBI and Excel.
• Experience dealing with the challenges associated with the transition of players through the Academy development pathway
Closing date: Friday 10th Feb 2023
To view the full job description click here
Applications to Michael Wood – email@example.com
At Peterborough United Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is championed in all areas of the Club. PUFC promotes equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, volunteers, participants, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
Peterborough United Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder may be subject to any background checks as required.