Idverde are advertising for a Head Groundsman position at the football club.
Idverde are looking for an experienced Head Groundsperson to join our team to oversee and maintain the grounds of a League One Football Club in the midlands area of the UK. You would have overall responsibility for managing the grounds team, maintaining both the training and stadium pitches ensuring their match readiness. This will be a permanent role with a total working week of 40 hours per week.
Who are we?
idverde is Europe’s leading provider of grounds maintenance services and landscape creation projects, with an annual turnover of €700m and over 7,000 colleagues operating throughout the UK, France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, and Switzerland. We offer a holistic range of services to support the creation, maintenance, and management of landscapes throughout the UK, working with both public and private sector clients to deliver bespoke solutions for each project’s unique challenges.
As the UK’s top grounds maintenance and landscaping provider, idverde UK offers a broad range of services. From professional open space management to landscape design and build, grounds maintenance, tree surgery, civil engineering, outdoor facilities management, biodiversity management, waterways management and much more.
Are you who we are looking for?
- Experienced and suitably qualified Groundsperson with proven experience of managing teams
- You will hold a level 3 qualification in sportsground maintenance, this is an essential requirement
- Do you have previous experience of maintaining a sports or horticultural site?
- Are you able to manage, engage, motivate, and develop your teams?
- If you have a knowledge of hybrid sports turf, that would be an advantage but not essential.
- A Full UK Driving Licence is essential for this position
The successful candidate should be approachable, responsible, and able to communicate at all levels.
What is in it for you?
- Negotiable salary depending on experience
- Van allowance / car allowance
- 25 Days holiday plus statutory days
- Company pension scheme
- Continued training and development to grow you career
- Plus, a range of other benefits
Interested? Please apply with an up-to-date CV making sure to quote the job reference number: RAF0006813