APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Peterborough United are advertising for the role of Chief Executive Officer following the retirement of Bob Symns and have outlined the job specification.
The Club is looking for an enthusiastic individual with a background in management and operations to support the Ownership group during an exciting period in the club’s history.
Formed in 1934, Peterborough United Football Club (PUFC) currently competes in the EFL Sky Bet Championship; the fifth most watched League in the world. In 2021, the Club finished second in EFL Sky Bet League One and gained automatic promotion to the Championship.
PUFC is one of two EFL Clubs in Cambridgeshire and therefore has a large catchment area of supporters.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, in conjunction with the Board and management, the vision and growth strategy for the business, then lead overall execution by establishing and monitoring milestones related to our financial and operating plans
- Spearhead exciting changes to the current stadium now that it is under the control of the ownership group
- Manage, lead & nurture the current talented staff the club has & motivate our current managers of departments to deliver success in each of their areas
- Look to help establish the club and grow it into a top 14 Championship football club
- Growth in all areas is pivotal but commercial growth through fan engagement is key to our long term success.
- Look for creative ways to keep overheads at an affordable level without compromising the growth and success of the club
- Capable of managing social media and digital distribution strategies
- Resides within 30-minute commute of Peterborough, or is willing to relocate
- 10+ years of experience leading teams of people
- Previous Football Club experience is considered an asset but not essential
- Degree or higher qualification; unless candidate can demonstrate commensurate experience
- Demonstrable experience of significantly growing revenues
- Understanding of financial reporting and accounts
- Strong leadership skills and able to appropriately delegate tasks as needed
- Able to work under pressure and independently when necessary
- Highly ambitious and growth driven
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Business minded with excellent street smarts and common sense
£100,000 per annum with £150,000 in achievable bonuses
Note: Salary varies depending on EFL League that the club participates in.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org