Peterborough United have a Graphic Designer vacancy as part of the Kickstart scheme.
The role is a six-month paid work placement which aims to give young people the opportunity to build their skills in the workplace while gaining experience to improve their chances of finding long-term work.
The Kickstart scheme offers six-month work placement job roles to young people aged 16-24 who are claiming Universal Credit - with the aim to give them the opportunity to build their skills in the workplace while gaining experience to improve their chances of finding long-term work.
Kickstart gives young people the opportunity they need to get their foot on the ladder and a foothold in the world of work.
The scheme targets young people who have been hit especially hard by the Coronavirus pandemic, and Kickstart focuses on giving them the best possible chance of getting a job.
As this is a Kickstart Placement, applicants must have a referral from a Job Centre Work Coach Please note, candidates must be:
Between the age of 16-24
Receiving universal credit
To apply, please either go through Job Centre Plus or send a CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact email@example.com.
All applications must be completed and sent before 5pm on Friday 2nd July 2021.
The Role: Graphic Designer
25 hours per week
Hourly rate of National Minimum Wage
The successful candidate will be part of the football club’s media and marketing department, working closely with the Marketing Manager, Commercial Manager and the wider Media Team.
The successful candidate will have a vital role in helping set a refreshed brand identity for the football club as we enter an exciting period for the football club which includes a full transformation of its digital experience.
The role will suit someone with experience of creating imagery for print, digital and social media, setting a brand identity and working to very short deadlines. The candidate will have some knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To produce assets for both online and off-line materials
- To design campaign assets across a broad range of channel applications keeping true to the brand and the campaign and promotions concepts including online banners, leaflets, screen adverts, animated GIFs and HTML5 assets
- To assist in the production of graphics for the club’s online channels. This will include creating bespoke assets from scratch
- To develop design solutions for non-campaign collateral including: social media graphics, website images, programme pages, video animations, stationary, signage & venue branding, event displays, newsletters
- To ensure all executions are consistent & conform to brand guidelines
- To build and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally, maintaining a professional image at all times when representing Peterborough United Football Club
- To keep confidential any information gained regarding the Club and its personnel
- To maintain a flexible approach to work at all times
Person Specification - Essential Personal Characteristics:
- Educated to at least a minimum of a grade B at English language GCSE or equivalent
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop)
- The ability to work as part of a large and small team but also alone on projects when needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in IT with knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook as a minimum
- Some knowledge and use of social media and graphic design
- Understanding of themes and the news agenda in sport, particularly football and sports for development
Person Specification - Desirable Characteristics:
- Some knowledge of After Effects
- Some knowledge of motion graphics
- Experience of shooting still and moving pictures across a range of devices would be an advantage
- Preparedness for working match days, which may include weekends