Job vacancy within the Posh Foundation using the Government Kickstart Scheme.
Utilising funding provided by the new Government Kickstart Scheme community scheme will create one new 6-month job placement for young people who are currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment.
The new Assistant Community Coach will be key to success and growth of the Peterborough United Foundation. allowing the charity to expand operations and continue to deliver high quality school and community-based sports sessions.
New coaches will be accountable for the welfare of children and vulnerable adults under their responsibility in line with the Foundation’s Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adult Policy.
We also expect individuals to embrace equality, diversity and inclusivity in order to facilitate a consistent, coordinated and embedded approach to fairness and opportunity across the Foundation.
This role will be undertaken for an initial 6 months, with the potential for this to become a full-time role.
- To assist and deliver coaching sessions that are participant-centred, structured, progressive, fun and
of a high quality.
- To undertake the necessary planning for each activity session to ensure the programme
demonstrates progression throughout
- To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions, activities and programmes.
- To adapt sessions to cater for different ranges of ability and development age.
- To undertake administrative tasks associated with the post, including planning sessions, taking
registers, consent forms and contacting clubs, schools and participants.
- Work in a range of community settings, ensuring programmes meets the needs of participants
- To provide appropriate mentoring, support, guidance and advice to other coaches, teachers and
- To be a positive role model at all times.
- To ensure all equipment associated with the coaching programme is correctly set up, maintained,
stored and returned on completion of the coaching programme.
- To build relationships with partners such as schools and clubs, and liaise with them to ensure they
remain happy with the coaching service provided.
- To be engaged with own continuous professional development (CPD) and attend relevant training
courses to improve their coaching delivery, as agreed by line manager.
- To be familiar and comply with Community Foundation health and safety regulations and to
undertake activity/venue risk assessments prior to all sessions, and report and record
- To respect the rights of all participants and ensure that their well-being and safety are considered at all times.
- Any other duties as requested by the trustees Community Foundation.
- Take an active role in any other duties required to deliver the outcomes and targets of Community
Foundation including potential work on match-days.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
Knowledge & Experience
- UK Level 1 Coaching Qualification in any sport
- FA Level 1 Coaching Qualification (Desirable)
- UK Level 2 Coaching Qualification (Desirable)
- Some experience of planning and delivering sports coaching sessions in school or community setting.
- A willingness to learn and develop as an individual, through CPD (Essential)
- A passion for the work of the foundation and club
- Experience or knowledge of sports/youth development. (Desirable)
- Ability to work within a team effectively and efficiently. (Essential)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and administrational skills. (Essential)
- Good timekeeper, a team player with high professional standards (Essential)
- Access to a vehicle and hold a full driving license
- To have due regard for safeguarding and child protection policies, including the welfare of children
and young people (Essential)
- All new employees are subject to DBS checks, with our safeguarding officer (Essential)
Number of hours per week 25 hours per week
Working pattern and contracted hours (including any shift patterns)
Working days can be flexible and varied in line with business requirements. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Hourly rate of pay In line with current levels of minimum wage
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor)
Kickstart participants will receive the same level of support as any other member of staff at Community
Foundation. This will include, but not be limited to;
- Needs analysis, looking at areas the individual will want to develop and improve
- Access to Coaching qualifications
- CPD undertaken as a mandatory element, including Safeguarding, but also awards and qualifications linked to the sector
- Regular reviews with manager
- Appraisal after 3 months
- Employability skills and job readiness coaching
- Mentor sessions
If the role continues after the 6-month placement, the individual will receive a guaranteed interview. Closing date for applications 09th July 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or apply through the Job Centre.