The Posh Academy are inviting applicants for a senior physiotherapist.
Peterborough United are looking to appoint a full-time Academy Senior Physiotherapist to support the growth of the programme following being granted Category 2 status.
Main Responsibilities include:
The Senior Academy Physio will have line management responsibilities for all medical staff and will report to the Head of Performance Support.
- Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation of injured academy players.
- Training, Matchday & Tournament medical cover for U18 and U23 players, and other age groups when necessary, providing support for first team requirements as required
- Organisation of medical cover for Academy Schoolboy Matchdays
- Management of part-time Therapists
- Organisation and delivery of medical screening as part of the process to aid the reduction of injury risks
- Take an active role in the collection and monitoring of growth & maturation data, including guidance on intervention when necessary
- Continually evolve and develop department policies in line with current research, guidelines & practice
- Integrate within and drive a culture of high performance; with individual development at the forefront of all planning.
The ideal candidates will have skills and experience in the following areas:
Essential (E) - Desirable (D)
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (E)
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant field (D)
- HCPC Registration (E)
- ATMMIF qualification (E)
Skills and Experience:
Previous experience of working with elite young athletes (E)
- Experience of planning, delivering treatment, rehabilitation of sports injuries and maintaining medical records (E)
- Experience working within a Football Academy (D)
- Experience of managing and developing staff (D)
- Experience using PMA (D)
- Effective and appropriate communication skills, ability to build key relationships (E)
- Excellent understanding of growth & maturation and its implications on the development of athletes (E)
- Good understanding of the expectations of a Category 2 Academy in line with EPPP requirements(D)
Show an enthusiasm and willingness to source and undertake continued professional development (E)
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. As such, we adhere to Safer Recruitment processes and for some roles a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service may be required prior to starting in a role at the Club.
Peterborough United Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and embrace equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, sex and religion or belief.
Employees will be recruited and selected, based on objective criteria.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the role and the salary please contact Kieran Scarff, academy manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter detailing the skills and experience you posess to James Baum, Head of Performance Support – email@example.com
Closing date for applications is midday Tuesday 10th August 2021. The salary will be discussed with applicants.