Applicants invited for role within the Posh Academy.
Peterborough United are looking to appoint a full-time Professional Development Phase Coach to support the growth of the programme following being granted Category 2 status. Applicants must possess an A Licence qualification and the Advanced Youth Award.
Experience and success coaching in the Professional Development Phase is desirable.
To play a significant role in the development of footballers within the Academy programme. Helping the academy achieve its vision of becoming ‘a leading Category 2 Academy developing a minimum of 3 academy graduates per season’.
To work closely with the other coaches within the Professional Development Phase in creating an effective learning environment for U18 & U23 players. To plan, deliver and review coaching sessions, matchdays and off-pitch work in alignment with our academy methodology. To ensure each individual player under your provision has an up-to-date individual development plan which is being worked towards consistently.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To plan, deliver and review coaching sessions and matchdays within the PDP in alignment with our academy methodology.
- To ensure all players within the phase have effective Individual Development Plans in place, which get supported, communicated and reviewed regularly.
- To liaise with the Analysis department to produce and deliver content to the players.
- To attend and contribute to multi-disciplinary team meetings to identify individual player needs and put actions in place to develop these.
- To work closely with the 1st team staff to ensure a smooth transition for young players moving from PDP-1st
- To assist in the delivery and development of players within other phases, such as Youth Development Phase at times, when required.
- To attend and contribute to the academy’s CPD programme.
- To ensure the Performance Management Application is up to date – including all training sessions, fixtures and player reviews.
- Take part in all available CPD opportunities to gain further knowledge and increase the high standards of delivery.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are implemented, and recorded as required.
- Attend any relevant training requirements e.g. first aid, safeguarding children.
- Assist with parent communication.
- Assist in the arrangement of additional fixtures when necessary
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. As such, we adhere to Safer Recruitment processes and for some roles a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service may be required prior to starting in a role at the Club.
Peterborough United Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and embrace equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, sex and religion or belief.
Employees will be recruited and selected, based on objective criteria.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of the role and the salary please contact Kieran Scarff, academy manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter detailing the skills and experience you possess to Matthew Dye, Head of Coaching – email@example.com
Closing date for applications is midday Tuesday 10th August 2021.