The football club are seeking a Youth Development Phase Coach within the Academy system.
Following an internal re-structure and as part of Peterborough United Football Club’s commitment to continually develop its Academy programme, it is seeking to appoint a full time Youth Development Phase Lead Coach (U13s-U16s).
DUTIES (to include)
• Facilitate the Multi-disciplinary and holistic progress of players in the Youth Development Phase.
• Ensure the environment provided is positive, stimulating and challenging for all players and staff.
• Support the management of the ‘on field’ aspects of the Academy operation.
• Support the designing and delivery of the Academy Coaching Curriculum in line with the academy playing and coaching philosophy.
• Manage and support the development of academy staff to ensure programme delivery is consistent and aligned throughout the Youth Development Phase, the wider programme and the whole club.
• Be an active member of the Academy Management Team
• Be able to support the academy’s progression to Category 2 status.
• UEFA A Licence.
• Advanced Youth Award
• FA First Aid for Sport qualification (BAFS/EFAIF).
• FA Safeguarding Certificate
• Current DBS certificate or demonstrate a pending application.
• Member of the FA Licensed Coaches Club Desirable
• LMA Diploma in Football Management
• Experience of using a multi-disciplinary approach within an Academy coaching programme.
• Knowledge of coaching processes within a professional Academy environment.
• Must have worked within a coaching department at a professional academy.
• Understanding of safeguarding and welfare policies and procedures within youth football
• Experience of leading a department.
• Experience of working within a full-time programme for U13s-U16s players
• Familiarity of the Elite Player Performance Plan and the Performance Management Application (PMA).
• Experience of EPPP audit requirements
• Knowledge of current Youth Development rules and regulations.
• Experience of working full-time within a Category 1 or 2 Academy
• Adaptable to work to the demands of the job and able to work unsociable hours.
• Adherent to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain and display high standards
• Can communicate effectively with external parties, Academy personnel and senior management staff.
• Have a meticulous attention to detail.
• Have excellent IT skills.
• Is able to manage and work within a team.
• Possess exceptional organisational qualities.
• Competitive salary relevant to experience.
To apply for the Youth Development Phase Lead Coach position, please send a covering letter and CV to Matthew.Dye@theposh.com The deadline for all applications is 5pm Tuesday 29th July 2020. Interviews to be held on Wed 30th June.
DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION