An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Peterborough United Football Club as Recruitment Officer.
This role will be based at the Mick George Training Academy.
- The main responsibility of the role is to ensure that Peterborough United Academy recruits the highest possible standard of players across all three phases
- To liaise with a team of local, regional, national and international scouts
- To develop an excellent knowledge of youth football in local areas of Peterborough and surrounding areas.
- Ensure the scouting protocol is followed
- To provide a weekly recruitment update for the Head of Recruitment to present in the Academy Management Team meetings
- Work closely with all lead technical and support staff.
- Work closely with Peterborough United Foundation staff for the purposes of internal recruitment
- To develop links with clubs at all levels in order to receive information on released players and any players with high potential who could become targets for our Academy
- Develop links with schools and teachers to help with the identification of players with high potential.
- To coach weekly with the Pre Academy - Ensure health and safety, safeguarding children and equality and diversity procedures are implemented, and recorded and upheld in line with club policy.
- Be involved in the recruitment process for new coaches in the under 9 – under 16 age groups.
- Take responsibility for their own development.
- Experience of working in Youth Development
- Enhanced FA CRB Certificate
- FA Level 2 Coaching Certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of FA and EFL rules relating to player development and recruitment
- Experience of working within a strategic environment to support the long term development of players
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational and administrational skills
- Ability to work within a team effectively & efficiently
- FA Talent ID qualification
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- UEFA A Coaching Licence
- UEFA B Coaching Licence
- FA Youth Award Assessed
- Knowledge of the local area
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £21k per annum
Closing Date: 5pm on 31st May 2019
Interview Date: Week Commencing 10th June 2019
If interested in the role, please send a CV and cover letter to Academy Manager, Nick Sheppard on firstname.lastname@example.org
Peterborough United Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.