An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Peterborough United Football Club as a Part-time Therapist for the start of the 2019/2020 season.
The role will be based at the Mick George Training Academy, delivering medical support to our Academy players from U9-U16.
- Providing medical cover for Full and Part-time Youth and Foundation Development Phase training sessions and games.
- Match day cover for Foundation and Youth Development Phase squads
- Extensive design and delivery of the Academy medical programme which will include, injury prevention, medical screening, player rehab, return to play protocols, and pre and post-match treatment.
- Management and maintenance of player maintenance tools including PMA and medical databases. - Support with mentoring of medical intern staff, including CPD programmes.
- Daily communication with the Lead Academy Physiotherapist regarding injuries.
- Close work with Academy Sports Science team and Academy Technical coaches.
- BSc (hons) Physiotherapy/Sports Therapy
- MCSP/HCPC or BASRAT registered
- Previous Musculoskeletal/Sports injury clinic experience
- Experience in the rehabilitation of sports injuries in line with return to play protocols
- Flexible approach to working hours
- FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be trustworthy and adhere to the club’s code of conduct and values
- Work with enthusiasm to help grow and develop the Academy Medicine program
- Experience of working within a professional sports environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of FA and Football League rules relating to player development (EPPP).
- FA Level 3 (EMFAiF) or higher Qualification.
- Experience using PMA.
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Monday- Afternoon/evening Tuesday- Afternoon/evening Wednesday- Afternoon/evening Friday- Afternoon Sunday- Game cover
Closing Date: 28/06/2019
Interview Date: Week Commencing 01/07/2019
If interested in the role, please send a CV and cover letter to Lead Academy Physiotherapist, Evagoras Christofi on email@example.com