An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Peterborough United Football Club as Academy Head of Coaching.
The role will be based at the Mick George Training Academy, working primarily with the Academy coaches for Under 9- Under
18’s age groups.
- Plan and oversee all coaching programmes in conjunction with Lead Phase coaches within the age range under 9 to
- Implement, monitor and evaluate the Academy Coaching Syllabus for under 9’s to under 18’s.
- Monitor, in conjunction with Lead Phase Coaches, the use of PMA by academy coaches ensuring all required outcomes
are uploaded in line with the requirements of EPPP.
- Responsible for managing, supervising and development of the Academy coaching staff,
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained at all coaching sessions, in line with EPPP coach to player ratios.
- Arrange whole academy coaching staff meetings in conjunction with the Academy Manager.
- Be responsible for assisting and guiding external CPD of Academy coaches through a documented development action
plan with the support of the FAYCD.
- Be responsible for the designing, completion and if necessary amending of the Coach Competency Framework annually.
- Assist with delivering coaching sessions as required within the U9’s – U21’s programme.
- To complete 4 reviews per year with each academy coach with feedback on training and match day delivery.
- Provide all coaches with a Development Action Plan
- To attend the 3 year EHOC development programme, reporting back with good practise.
- Be involved in the recruitment process for new coaches in the under 9 – under 16 age groups.
- UEFA A (Level 4) Coaching Certificate
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- Experience in a professional and Academy environment
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- Up to date FA Safeguarding Certificate
- Up to date FA Emergency Aid Certificate
- Up to date FA Coaching Licence
- UEFA Pro Licence
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Basic First Aid in Sport
- Knowledge and understanding of FA & EFL rules relating to the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 5pm on 9th November 2018
Interview Date: Week Commencing 12th November 2018
If interested in the role, please send a CV and cover letter to Academy Manager, Nick Sheppard on email@example.com
Peterborough United Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and all applicants for employment will be regarded equally and will be given equal opportunities irrespective of race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.