An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Peterborough United Football Club as Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine (Physiotherapist) for the 2018/2019 season.
The role will be based at the Mick George Training Academy, heading the Sports Science & Medicine department for the academy players from U9-U18.
- Providing and organising medical cover for all training sessions and games, across all ages within the academy
- Match day cover for U18 Squad
- In conjunction with the Lead Sports Scientist, be responsible for the extensive design and delivery of the Academy sports science and medical programme which will include, injury prevention, medical screening, player rehab, return to play protocols, and pre and post-match treatment
- Management and maintenance of player maintenance tools including PMA and medical databases
- Ensure continuity of medical provision across all phases within the Academy
- Support and mentoring of medical work placement staff, including CPD programmes
- Close work with Academy Sports Science team and Academy Technical coaches
- CSP/HCPC registered
- Minimum 1 years Musculoskeletal/Sports injury clinic experience
- Experience in the rehabilitation of sports injuries in line with return to play protocols
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be trustworthy and adhere to the club’s code of conduct and values
- Work with enthusiasm to help grow and develop the Academy Medicine programme
- Good knowledge and understanding of strength and conditioning training
- Experience of working within a professional football club academy
- Knowledge and understanding of FA and Football League rules relating to player development (EPPP)
- FA IFAS or AREA Qualification
- Experience using PMA
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 27/07/2018
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 30th July
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 pa
If interested in the role, please send a CV and cover letter to Academy Manager, email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants