There is a role for a part-time therapist in the Peterborough United Academy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Peterborough United Football Club as a Part-time Therapist for the start of the 2018/2019 season.
The role will be based at the Mick George Training Academy, delivering medical support to our Academy players from U9-U16.
- Providing medical cover for Full and Part-time Foundation and Youth Development Phase training sessions and games, across all ages within the academy
- Match day cover for Foundation and Youth Development Phase squads
- Extensive design and delivery of the Academy medical programme which will include, injury prevention, medical screening, player rehab, return to play protocols, and pre and post-match treatment
- Management and maintenance of player maintenance tools including PMA and medical databases
- Support with mentoring of medical intern staff, including CPD programmes
- Work closely with Academy Head of Sports Science and Medicine.
- Close work with Academy Sports Science team and Academy Technical coaches
- MCSP/HCPC or BASRAT registered
- Previous Musculoskeletal/Sports injury clinic experience
- Experience in the rehabilitation of sports injuries in line with return to play protocols
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be trustworthy and adhere to the club’s code of conduct and values
- Work with enthusiasm to help grow and develop the Academy Medicine programme
- Experience of working within a professional sports environment
- Knowledge and understanding of FA and Football League rules relating to player development (EPPP)
- FA IFAS or AREA Qualification
- Experience using PMA
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Sunday- Game cover
Closing Date: 09/07/2018
Interview Date: Week Commencing 11/07/2018
If interested in the role, please send a CV and cover letter to Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine; firstname.lastname@example.org