There is a voluntary position available within the Sports Medicine department during the 2017-2018 campaign.
Peterborough United Football Club is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to join their Sports Medicine department in a voluntary capacity for the football season 2017-18.
Within the role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience by assisting the Sports Medicine staff in the following areas:
• To fulfill the role of a chartered physiotherapist or registered sports therapist/sports rehabilitator in the assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of all injuries.
• To assist in the injury management of all 1st Team /U21 players with the aim of optimising the healing process.
• Design evidence based protocols for return to play of the 1st Team /U21 players which will allow them to compete at the highest level while minimising the risk of reoccurrence of injury.
• Encourage an interdisciplinary approach of working within the department that includes close links to all areas of the club.
• To ensure the latest clinical, scientific and technical innovations to practice are incorporated into maintaining the highest level of care.
• Assist in providing pitchside emergency aid cover for both 1st Team /U21 training sessions and matches.
• To maintain detailed records for the department of all therapy care in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
• Continually improve the training culture and environment through education and professionalism.
• Ensuring every player achieves and maintains the Peterborough United target standards.
• Driving the main objectives and aims of the department and club.
The role covers all professional full-time players at Peterborough United Football Club and CPD opportunities will be provided.
• The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in either Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation. They will also have high levels of self-motivation, show initiative, exhibit excellent organisational skills, work well both within a team and individually, and be able to meet strict deadlines. Working hours will be agreed upon by both parties at interview.
• If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com stating the position applied for in the subject bar.
• Closing date for applications will be 5pm on the 28th April 2017 with interviews arranged in the first 2 weeks of May 2017.