Voluntary position within the Sports Science Department available.
Peterborough United Football Club is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to join their Sports Science department in a voluntary capacity for the football season 2017-18, focusing predominantly on Performance Nutrition.
Within the role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience by assisting the Sports Science staff in the following areas:
• Liaising with the club chef to ensure the nutritional content of all meals is appropriate and comply with micro-cycle guidelines.
• Daily monitoring of the players’ hydration status’, and advise accordingly.
• Perform individual nutritional analysis using nutritional software and advise players on how to modify their diet to help improve performance.
• Cater for the players’ daily fluid and nutritional needs.
• Manage match day fluid and nutritional requirements.
• Manage the supplement program and administer appropriate supplements to the players.
• Perform analysis of players’ body composition.
• Continually improve the training culture and environment through education and professionalism.
• Establish key relationships within all departments.
• Ensure every player achieves and maintains the Peterborough United target standards.
• Drive the main objectives and aims of the department and club.
The role covers all full-time players at Peterborough United Football Club and CPD opportunities will be provided.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a Sports Nutrition related subject. They will also have high levels of self-motivation, show initiative, exhibit excellent organisational skills, work well both within a team and individually, and be able to meet strict deadlines. Working hours will be agreed upon by both parties at interview.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for in the subject bar.
Closing date for applications will be 5pm on the 24th March, 2017.