Voluntary position in the Sports Science department for the 2017-2018 campaign.
Peterborough United Football Club is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to join their Sports Science department in a voluntary capacity for the football season 2017-18.
Within the role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience by assisting the Sports Science staff in the following areas:
• Managing and implementing a season-long, periodised physical development model.
• Performing fitness tests on the squad of players and reviewing collated data to help shape individual intervention programs.
• Monitoring training loads via the use of GPS, heart rate monitors and sRPE.
• Assessing players’ readiness to train on a daily basis.
• Managing various databases to monitor progress of the playing squad.
• Performing trend and statistical analysis on all collated data and reporting findings to key members of staff.
• Delivering group and individual physical development sessions in line with the club’s model.
• Devising and delivering gym based strength and power programs for both groups and individuals.
• Performing movement screens to ascertain a player’s susceptibility to injury and devising and administering appropriate intervention programs.
• Performing pertinent research within the workplace so as to continually inform practice.
• Continually improve the training culture and environment through education and professionalism.
• Establishing key relationships within all departments.
• Ensuring every player achieves and maintains the Peterborough United target standards.
• Driving the main objectives and aims of the department and club.
The role covers all full-time players at Peterborough United Football Club and CPD opportunities will be provided.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Science or a related subject. They will also have high levels of self-motivation, show initiative, exhibit excellent organisational skills, work well both within a team and individually, and be able to meet strict deadlines. Working hours will be agreed upon by both parties at interview.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com stating the position applied for in the subject bar.
Closing date for applications will be 5pm on the 24th March, 2017.