The football club are hosting a First Aid course.
Peterborough United will be holding a Basic First Aid in Sport (BFAS) course on the 16th July 2017 at The Mick George Training Academy from 9:00am till 7:00pm, which will be hosted by Northamptonshire FA.
Course Fee: £90.00
The course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of:
General duties and responsibilities of a sports first aider
- Common football/ sports injuries
- Basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to recognise and differentiate major from minor injury
- Ability to administer basic first aid to a casualty engaged in sports activity
Participants must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
Who is it for?
The BFAS course is for individuals, specifically team managers, coaches, teachers, parents, volunteers and others, who (in the absence of professional first aiders) have the responsibility for the provision of pitchside/ on-field first aid when supporting sports activities.
- Emergency action planning
- Reacting to an incident/approaching a casualty
- Primary survey/secondary survey
- The recovery position
- Cardiac arrest
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adults/children
- Use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s)
- Severe external/ internal bleeding
- Head/spinal injury
- The on-field injury assessment process
- First aid kit contents
- Participant assessment
Should you wish to apply for a space on the course please contact Academy Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applicants is Thursday 13th July 2017.
Venue Address: The Mick George Training Academy, Nene Park Academy, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 7EA.