Tom Nichols nets a last minute winner as Posh beat Bristol Rovers.

Peterborough United came from behind to record an impressive 2-1 win at Bristol Rovers as Tom Nichols netted a 92nd winner at the Memorial Stadium.

Michael Bostwick fired wide from 25-yards via the aid of a deflection on the 10-minute mark, but referee Mr Haywood failed to spot the obvious nick and gave a goal kick.

Leadbitter fired over from just inside the box moments later after linking well with Sinclair.

Nichols tested Roos with a low strike from 25-yards on 22 minutes after turning his man sharply following a ball into feet from Maddison.

Sinclair cut inside onto his left-foot on 25 minutes, but he couldn't keep his effort down. On 40 minutes, McGee produced a fine stop to deny Gaffney and then Baldwin produced an even better block to deny Taylor's follow-up.

Gaffney saw a deflected effort comfortably held by McGee before referee Mr Haywood, who was a frustrating individual for both set's of players in that first 45 minutes, brought an end to proceedings.

Forrester curled a shot over the bar from 30-yards on 50 minutes after he was picked out by Bostwick in a decent shooting position. The home side found the breakthrough on 57 minutes as Coulthirst was penalsied for a foul on Leadbitter and TAYLOR stepped up and coolly dispatched the spot-kick.

On the hour mark, Nichols saw a curling effort from just outside of the box clear the crossbar with goalkeeper Roos nowhere near it.

Grant McCann's men levelled the scores on 62 minutes as a Maddison cross was fumbled by Roos, Smith saw his shot blocked and the ball squirmed into the path of COULTHIRST who squeezed the ball home to atone for giving the penalty away.

Coulthirst was cautioned for a rash challenge over on that far side as Rovers won a free-kick in a dangerous area. Baldwin produced a fine block to deny Gaffney after more Posh poor defending at tracking a runner from midfield.

McGee did well to beat a Brown curler away from danger on 72 minutes as Posh prepared their first two changes with Gwion Edwards and Paul Taylor introduced.

Taylor made himself a yard with a clever turn in the box for the Pirates on 80 minutes, but his powerful left-foot shot went wide of the far post.

Maddison floated a free-kick well over the crossbar on 84 minutes after he himself was felled by Lockyer. Substitute Harrison headed over from a corner kick on 88 minutes.

In the 92nd minute, Posh found themselves a second goal as substitute Edwards did superbly to beat his man and lay it on a plate for NICHOLS who had the simple task of slotting the ball into the gaping net and that proved to be the winner.

Bristol Rovers: Roos, Leadbitter, Brown, Lockyer, Clarke (sub Easter 70min), Taylor, Lines, Sinclair, Gaffney (sub Harrison 70min), Colkett, Clarke-Salter. Unused subs: Mildenhall, Hartley, Montano, Moore, Roberts.

Posh: McGee, Smith, Hughes, Bostwick, Tafazolli, Baldwin, Forrester, Maddison, Coulthirst (sub Taylor 76min), Da Silva Lopes (sub Edwards 75min), Nichols. Unused subs: Tyler,  Almeida Santos, Chettle, Binnom-Williams, Moncur.

Half-time: Bristol Rovers 0-0 Peterborough United
Full-time: Bristol Rovers 1-2 Peterborough United
Attendance: 9,839 (447 Posh fans)