The Posh youngsters were beaten 3-1 by Oxford City in the second round of the FA Youth Cup.

The Peterborough United under 18s were beaten 3-1 by Oxford City in the second round of the FA Youth Cup as the hosts came from behind to record an impressive win.

Jack Collison's men led early on through 16-year-old Jack Gurney, but three goals after the interval gave City their seventh win in the competition and set up a third round trip to Gillingham.

It was a lively opening to the contest with chances aplenty in the opening exchanges, first Khawaja side-footed wide from close-range after Tutton did well to get to the byline, while less than 60 seconds later, Douglas looped a header into the arms of Pritchard after a good Gow centre.

Pritchard made a fine stop to deny Danny Jarvis on 12 minutes after his low shot took a slight deflection after good work from Douglas.

The deadlock was broken on the quarter hour mark and it owed a lot to the adventure of Lewis Freestone who advanced from his left-back positon, cut inside and threaded a neat ball to 16-year-old Jack GURNEY who took a touch and finished well with his left-foot.

Tutton cracked the crossbar with a deflected effort on 22 minutes before a goal-mouth scramble ensued from the resulting corner kick before Posh hacked the ball clear.

Posh had the chance to make it 2-0 on the half hour as Penfold was upended in the box, but Hugh Alban-Jones saw his penalty kick saved by Pritchard.

Barker sent a looping header wide of the target after a good ball into the box by Freestone before Douglas dragged a shot wide of the target.

Hirst looped a header wide of the target for Oxford City on 36 minutes after good approach play down the right hand side.

Pritchard was well placed to deny Jarvis after an excellent Posh move involving Goode, Barker and Gow as the half entered the final five minutes.

The home side levelled the scores on 53 minutes as a deflected Ahmed FARAH effort found the corner following a sustained spell of pressure.

Moments later, and the hosts were in front as KHAWAJA burst through on goal and coolly slotted the ball past the advancing Elsom.

An incredible run from Freestone on the hour mark saw him burst past four defenders, he could have gone down as he appeared to be clipped in the box, but picked out the onrushing Barker at the back post, but his low effort cracked the post.

A swerving effort from Goode was well grabbed by Pritchard at the second attempt on 65 minutes before Jack Collison made his first switch with Cameron Stump replacing Cameron Gow.

Bestley was a whisker away from making it 3-1 after running onto a decent cut back from Tutton, but he side-footed inches wide of the target.

Gurney was denied by Prichard after letting fly with his left-foot as Posh pressed for an equaliser. Substitute Shackleton saw a shot blocked after good work from Freestone before Goode flashed a shot wide of the target.

Chamberlain was denied by Elsom as the game entered the final stages with Posh desperate trying to pile bodies forward. In the dying moments, the hosts wrapped up the game as HIRST rounded Elsom and slotted into the empty net.

Oxford City: Pritchard, Dobbins, Simms, Brown, Kemp, Bestley, Farah, Tutton, Hirst, Khawaja, Chamberlain (sub Osofksy 88min). Unused subs: Mattimore, Hollick, Cooper, Landers.

Posh: Elsom, Freestone, Jarvis, Goode, Connor, Alban-Jones (sub Shackleton 79min), Gurney, Gow (sub Stump 66min), Penfold, Barker, Douglas. Unused subs: Cartwright, Hart, Borg.

Half-time: Oxford City under 18s 0-1 Peterborough United under 18s
Full-time: Oxford City under 18s 3-1 Peterborough United under 18s