Three work experience placements on offer in the Sports Science department.
An opportunity has become available for three motivated, flexible and dedicated students to join our team to deliver sports science support with our professional players.
Sports scientists will be mentored and undertake one of three different roles during the placement. The three roles and brief description of responsibilities can be found below.
Training Analysis – Daily collection of well being and training data (GPS and Heart Rate), build reports and update the clubs database to provide feedback to the Head of Sports Science and Management regarding training sessions and rehab.
Strength and Conditioning – Assist with the delivery of daily prehab sessions, strength and power sessions and assist the physio with any gym based rehab of injured players.
Nutrition – Liaise with the club chef regarding daily meals, provide nutritional support and education to players and be responsible for the implementation of supplementation at the football club.
The roles will commence at the beginning of July 2016 for the season.
Ideal candidates will have:
• BSc (Hons) Sports Science or MSc Sports Science (or working towards)
• Strong interest in football and delivering sports science to elite athletes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including IT literacy.
• Accommodation local to Peterborough
• Own transport. Ideal for those wishing to gain valuable experience in elite sport. The position is voluntary but uniform and CPD opportunities are available with working hours approximately 3 days per week. Please apply by 17th June, 2016
Send a CV and brief covering letter stating the role you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org