Championship side run out comfortable winners at the ABAX.

Peterborough United suffered their first pre-season defeat of the campaign as Championship side Norwich City sealed a 3-0 victory in a 120-minute match at the ABAX Stadium.

Both sides played different sides for an hour in muggy conditions and both manager's will be pleased with aspects of their side's performances as preparations continue for the new domestic season.

Goalkeeper Mark Tyler made two routine stops in the opening five minutes, firstly from Scottish international Steven Naismith before clutching a glancing header from Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

The Posh shot-stopper was called upon for serious action on eight minutes as Van Wolfskinkel got in behind the defence, Tyler doing superbly to divert the ball around the post.

Michael Smith tested Ruddy with a crisp left-footed effort on 11 minutes after he linked well with Brad Inman.

Coulthirst found himself in a good position moments later, but after twisting and turning in the box, Efete made a decent block.

Jermaine Anderson, making his first appearance since a long-term injury lay-off, forced goalkeeper Ruddy into a fine stop diving to his right on 26 minutes.

Hughes fired over on the volley as the first half and hour drew to a close after Taylor's low free-kick caused a bit of panic.

Posh made a change on 30 minutes with Anderson replaced by Callum Chettle in a pre-arranged substitution. Naismith tested Tyler with a low strike from just inside the box before Murphy squandered arguably the best chance of the game so far, leaning back and firing over when well placed.

Efete headed over at hte back post as Norwich began to pile on the pressure in search of the breakthrough. Tyler did well again to react quickly to keep out an effort from range which deflected via the boot of Baldwin.

The breakthrough came on 52 minutes as a long ball forward picked out MURPHY and he shrugged off the attentions of Baldwin and coolly lobbed Tyler for the opening goal.

Taylor flashed a shot wide of the target after cutting inside onto his right foot as the first hour of this contest drew to a close. Van Wolfswinkel tested Tyler late on in the hour, the keeper doing well to repel the effort.

Michael Bostwick headed over when well placed on 71 minutes as Maddison picked out the centre back with a superb free-kick.

White forced Rudd into a decent stop with his legs before Bostwick let fly from distance after timing his tackle to perfection on the half way line.

Ferrier fired wide with his left-foot on 95 minutes after collecting a pass from skipper Chris Forrester. Jacob Murphy saw a shot whistle past the post as the game moved into the final phase.

The visitors doubled the lead as Cameron JEROME tucked home a rebound after Alnwick had denied Murphy. The Canaries made it 3-0 right before the death as a corner from the left was glanced home by Jacob MURPHY.

Nabi tested Rudd from range moments later, the keeper doing well to tip the ball over the bar. Alnwick then produced a decent stop to push a Maddison curler around the post.

Posh 1st hour: Tyler, Smith, Hughes, Da Silva Lopes, Tafazolli, Baldwin, Edwards, J. Anderson (sub Chettle 30min), Coulthirst, P. Taylor, Inman.
Posh 2nd hour: Alnwick, White, Freestone, Almeida Santos, Bostwick, Forrester, Nabi, J. Taylor, Maddison, Nichols, Ferrier. Unused subs: Moore, Alban-Jones.

Norwich 1st hour: Ruddy, Ramsay, Efete, Bennett, Klose, Mulumbu, Andreu, Dorrans, Naismith, Van Wolfswinkel, J. Murphy.
Norwich 2nd hour: Rudd, Godfrey, Toffolo, Turner, Bassong, Thompson, Jacob Murphy, Tettey, Jerome, Maddison, Cantwell. Unused subs: Crowe, Grant.

Half-time: Peterborough United 0-1 Norwich City
Full-time: Peterborough United 0-3 Norwich City
Attendance: 2,759 (749 Norwich fans)