The football club are seeking a groundsman for the Mick George Training Academy.Peterborough United Football Club is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and capable individual to manage the grounds maintenance of the training ground and school site. The successful candidate will have excellent team working and organisation skills.
Position: Head Groundsman
Hours: 37.5 hours / subject to requirement
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job Purpose: To maintain the playing surfaces and facilities at the Mick George Training Academy and Nene Park Academy to the required standard.
1. Undertake routine preparation and maintenance work on a range of sports facilities. Undertake all preparatory and cultivation work to maintain safe quality playing surfaces and landscaping of surrounding areas.
2. Set up all sports pitches. Undertake minor construction and landscaping work.
3. Drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations.
4. Ensure vehicles and equipment used by self and work group are regularly maintained in accordance with routine operating requirements. Monitor the use of and replenish consumable items.
5. Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides and other similar substances. Promote health and safety of self and others.
6. Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users.
8. Make recommendations to line manager regarding improved work systems, labour and machinery utilisation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of working in a sports facility.
2. Minimum NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) in Sports Turf Maintenance
3. Full Driving Licence
4. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an FA Enhanced DBS check.
5. PA1 and PA6 Spraying qualifications.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and your C.V to Nick Sheppard, Peterborough United Football Club, ABAX Stadium, London Road, Peterborough. PE2 8AL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application is Thursday 11th February 2016.