The Posh Community Department have a vacancy for a Community Sports Coach.
Position: Community Sports Coach – Casual
Salary: Various rates of pay
Peterborough United Foundation currently delivers a diverse range of sports activities and initiatives throughout Peterborough and surrounding areas. We have an excellent track record in delivering quality, focused programmes that meet the needs of the local community.
Through the expansion of our work within our schools coaching programme and women and girls department we are now looking to increase our team of coaches to work within the community and increase participation. We require lead coaches to deliver football sessions across a number of different primary and Secondary Schools as well as in a range of community settings.
There are opportunities for regular and ad-hoc working hours for the right candidates; including daytime, afternoon, evening and weekend activities.
Having your own transport is essential and we welcome applications from people with a recognised FA coaching qualifications. We also would welcome coaches from other sports to send in their application to us.
The candidate will need to hold at least:
• A current Level 2 coaching qualification or above
• A valid Emergency Aid certificate and have attended a Safeguarding Children workshop.
Candidates must have:
• Previous Coaching Experience, ideally in a range of environments including Schools/ Clubs & Community settings
• A valid full UK driving licence and regular access to effective means of transport.
Experience and knowledge required:
• Coaching children and young adults on a structured programme
• Working with children and young adults of different abilities
• Working within a range of settings
• Understanding of youth development
• To be able to monitor and evaluate progress
A flexible approach to work will be essential, as will be the ability to plan and organise your work to a busy schedule.
All work is on a needs basis and hours will vary.
As part of an interview process you will be required to attend an interview and deliver a practical session.
Deadline for Applications is Wednesday 30th September 2015.
All successful candidates will receive CPD opportunities and will be offered assistance with their professional development.
Offers of any employment are subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check.
If you feel you have the essential skills, qualifications and experience and want to be part of a successful team we would like to hear from you.
Please send a covering letter and CV Marked Private and Confidential to: Jenna Dunster, Peterborough United Football Club, ABAX Stadium, London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AL or email firstname.lastname@example.org.