Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist Work Experience Opportunity at Peterborough United
Peterborough United Football Club requires a motivated, flexible and dedicated graduate physiotherapist or sports therapist to join our sports medicine team to work with our professional players. The primary purpose of the role is to provide medical support to the First Team Squad every Monday and Tuesday as part of an expanding medical team.
The physiotherapist or sports therapist will be mentored and responsible for the assessment and management, alongside the rehabilitation and injury prevention protocols delivered to the professional players.
Please only apply if you are a competent and reliable therapist in the above areas.
Ideal candidates will have:
· BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or Sports Therapy/Rehabilitation (ideally 2:2 or above).
· Own professional liability/indemnity insurance.
· Strong interest in football and experience of delivering medical support to athletes.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including IT literacy.
· Accommodation local to Peterborough or willing to travel.
· Own transport.
Ideal for those wishing to gain valuable experience in elite sport. The position is voluntary but uniform and CPD opportunities are available with working hours, every Monday and Tuesday, approximately 12 hours per week.
How to apply
C.V.s and brief covering letter to Jonathan Chatfield at Jonathan.Chatfield@theposh.com
Closing Date: 20th November 2015.
Interview dates: As arranged but the successful candidate will be required to start immediately.