The Posh Commuity Department have a vacancy for a Community Sports Coach.
Position: Community Sports Coach – Casual (Various Sports)
Salary: Various rates of pay
Peterborough United Foundation currently delivers a diverse range of sports activities and initiatives throughout Peterborough and Fenland. We have an excellent track record in delivering quality, focused programmes that meet the needs of the local community.
Through the expansion of our work we are now looking to increase our team of coaches to work within the community. We require lead coaches to deliver sessions across a number of different sports, within a Primary and Secondary Education environment as well as in a range of community settings.
There are opportunities for regular and ad-hoc working hours for the right candidates; including daytime, afternoon, evening and weekend activities.
Having your own transport is essential and we welcome applications from people with coaching qualifications in multiple sports, especially in Football, Tag Rugby/Rugby, Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Netball, Gymnastics, Dance and Athletics. We also would welcome coaches from other sports to send in their application to us.
The candidate will need to hold at least:
• A current NGB Level 2 coaching qualification or above
• A valid Emergency Aid certificate and have attended a Safeguarding Children workshop.
Candidates must have:
• Previous Coaching Experience, ideally in a range of environments including Schools/ Clubs & Community settings
• A valid full UK driving licence and regular access to effective means of transport.
Experience and knowledge required:
• Coaching children on a structured programme
• Working with children of different abilities
• Working within a range of settings (Curriculum and Extra-Curricular)
• Understanding of child development
• To be able to monitor and evaluate progress
A flexible approach to work will be essential, as will be the ability to plan and organise your work to a busy schedule.
All work is on a needs basis and hours will vary.
As part of an interview process you will be required to attend an interview and deliver a practical session.
Deadline for Applications is Friday 2nd May
All successful candidates will receive CPD opportunities and will be offered assistance with their professional development.
Offers of any employment are subject to references and a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check.
If you feel you have the essential skills, qualifications and experience and want to be part of a successful team we would like to hear from you.
Please send a covering letter and CV Marked Private and Confidential to: Sam Darlow, Community Development Officer, Peterborough United Football Club, London Road Stadium, London Road, Peterborough, PE2 8AL.
Or alternatively e-mail: email@example.com