Jaanai Gordon was the match-winner, but it was a team of heroes for the Posh under 18s as they beat Wolves 2-1 at Molinuex in the second round of the FA Youth Cup.

The Peterborough United under 18s are through to the third round of the FA Youth Cup after a superb 2-1 win at Wolverhampton Wanderers with Hull City set to provide the opposition in round three for Gavin Strachan's men.

Jaanai Gordon, fresh from three weeks training at West Ham United, fired wide inside the opening three minutes of the contest at Molineux.

Luke O'Reilly made a routine stop to deny the powerful Keita, who let fly from 25-yards on the quarter hour mark.

The home side found the breakthrough on 20 minutes as a cross from the left was nodded down by Reid into the path of KEITA, and the highly-rated front man fired past O'Reilly from close-range.

It didn't take long for Posh to level the scores, Robert DUGGAN racing into the box and showing immense composure to slot the ball past Dutton and into the back of the net.

On the half hour mark, Posh were inches away from taking the lead. Gordon showed tremendous strength to hold off Weeks, his intended pass for Coulson was diverted into the path of Carthey, who saw his powerful left-footed shot clatter the crossbar.

Azille-Moore was well-placed to clear on 35 minutes as O'Reilly smothered Keita's effort as Wolves stacked up the corner count. At the other end, the hosts were extremely fortunate as Posh broke at pace and worked a four v two situation, but Carthey was somehow denied by Dutton after being fed by Gordon.

Gordon fired wide of the target on 40 minutes after being fed by the impressive Anderson. On the stroke of half-time, O'Reilly parried a fierce drive from Reid after the home side won their ninth corner of the contest.

It didn't take long for Posh to get their noses in front in the second period. There were 48 minutes on the clock when Coulson fed Carthey, he raced clear, but dallied and the chance looked to have disappeared, but the ball fell kindly for the in-form and wanted striker Jaanai GORDON, who made no mistake.

Posh were forced into a change on 56 minutes as Matt Carter replaced Ward, who was struggling with injury. The impressive Anderson was replaced on 68 minutes as Oliver Luto was given his chance in midfield.

Jonathan Edwards, the match-winner in round one, replaced Gordon on 71 minutes as Gavin Strachan made his final substitution of the evening. Coulson fired over on 76 minutes after good hold-up play from Edwards.

Posh felt they should have been awarded a spot-kick on 80 minutes as Conlon appeared to be tripped in the box by O'Hanlon but referee Mr Jones waved away the protests.

On 84 minutes, substitute Upton squandered a good chance to level the scores, but he blazed over from just inside the box. Liam Marshall produced a superb last ditch tackle to stop Reid getting a shot on target as the game drew to a conclusion.

Wolves: Dutton, Rainey, O'Hanlon, Weeks, Hill, Carter, Smith (sub Upton 64min), Matinyadze (sub Stringer-Moth 75min), Reid, Keita, Keane (sub Erdei 75min). Unused subs: , Burgoyne,  Pedersen.

Posh: O'Reilly, Burgess, Marshall, Conlon, Moore-Azille, Ward (sub Carter 56min), Coulson, Duggan, Gordon (sub Edwards 71min), Carthey, Anderson (sub Luto 68min). Unused subs:  Henry, Friend.

Att: 298