Covid-19 Spectator Code of Conduct
Peterborough United Football Club is committed to as far as possible ensuring the health and safety of all present and this continues to be the case in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
We wish to inform, guide, and reassure our loyal fans so that you can support the Club in this endeavour.
We really look forward to welcoming you back to the Weston Homes Stadium and ask all present to behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times to help protect you, your fellow spectators, stewards and all present as well as enhancing the excellent reputation of the Club and the sport of football both locally and nationally.
We have made BIG changes to the way the stadium operates on matchdays and our processes and procedures are laid out in the Covid-19 Spectator Code of Conduct below.
We ask that you read and agree to it prior to purchasing your ticket(s).
It is however impossible for the Club to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you are not willing to comply with this Code of Conduct or, based on your own health status and susceptibility to infection and that of those in your family, you feel uncomfortable with the potential risks surrounding Covid-19, we ask that you self-assess your own personal circumstances and potential consider that you not attend a match. We of course will welcome you back once we are able to get back to normal and/or you feel comfortable in returning.
BEFORE THE MATCH
- You are responsible for your own health. Assess personal risk relative to your own circumstances associated with attending the match before purchasing ticket(s) – are you or one of your party considered to be in a vulnerable group?
- Remember that tickets purchased cannot be sold or passed on to another person. Photo identification may be requested on entry or whilst in the ground. Checks will be conducted due to the strict conditions the club has upon them to comply with ‘Track and Trace’ requirements.
- Ensure the ticket purchaser’s details are up to date, including email address, as the club may still need to comply with track and trace requirements.
- Please do not be tempted to attend if you or a member of your party display any Covid-19 symptoms and/or are required to self-isolate
- For ease and a safer environment all payments will be cashless at the stadium. We will ensure that a regular cleaning regime is in place of the keypads. Contactless is the preferred method of payment.
- Do keep yourself up to date with the information that we provide through the club website and social media channels to help you have the best possible match day experience.
If you know of something who will attend but does not have the same level of access to media platforms, please do help share this information to those concerned.
- Please arrive in good time to go through all the necessary entry procedures and to assist you in this, the turnstiles will open 1.5 hours prior to kick off.
- For the benefit of all fans and staff, we encourage that fans try and maintain social distancing where possible.
- Only enter the stadium via the stand turnstiles or gates as indicated by the stewards.
- If possible, please do not bring any bags to the Stadium. If you do choose to bring a bag it should be A4 size or smaller and transparent. Bag checks and intelligence led searches will be in operation and this assists the Club greatly and speeds up entry to the Stadium. There are no bag storage facilities at the Stadium, and any bags left outside will be removed and disposed of.
- Familiarise yourself with the route to the stand, service, and facilities; there may be one-way systems in operation.
- Please proceed to your designated seat. We encourage spectators to avoid congregating, milling, or dwelling on the concourse.
- Please only sit in the seat allocated to you on your ticket.
- When moving through rows, we encourage that fans still avoid face to face contact with other supporters e.g. turn your back to them using the ‘brush past’ method.
- Try to maintain social distancing when using the toilets as far as possible.
- Maintain good hand hygiene throughout the match day. Wash hands regularly; sanitiser dispensers will be provided at all key points around the stadium.
- In the event you develop COVID-19 symptoms whilst at the stadium, please notify the nearest member of Club staff immediately.
- If you engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person or any conduct that can be reasonably construed to be intending to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person, you will be asked to leave the stadium or ejected if you refuse to do so.
- If you have been instructed by the NHS Test and Trace system to self-isolate, you are encouraged to stay away from the stadium.
- Face coverings are encouraged in crowded spaces such as the turnstiles and concourses.
- Internal box holders are also encouraged to wear a mask. Internal box holders are still encouraged maximise fresh air ventilation.
- NHS QR codes are still available within each stand. Fans are encouraged to use continue to use them (not mandatory).
- Follow exit procedures and routes to public transport/car parks; they may differ from arrival
- Please do not approach any of the Club’s or Visiting Club’s players or members of coaching staff as currently they are not permitted to sign autographs or pose for photographs. They still follow strict protocols.
- If there is anything we can do better to inform, guide, or reassure you, let us know
We know that we are all living in challenging circumstances and appreciate your support and co-operation in making the match day experience the best it can be. Thank you for your support and co-operation. Stay Alert! Stay Safe! Help us all - your fellow fans, your club, your sport, your community.