The Academy are recruiting a Senior Academy Physiotherapist/Head of Medical.
The Peterborough United Academy are recruiting a Senior Academy Physiotherapist/Head of Medical and are inviting applications for the role.
Job title: Peterborough United Football Club Senior Academy Physiotherapist/Head of Academy Medical
Location: Peterborough and various locations for away matches
Hours of work: Full time
Remuneration: Up to £30,000 depending on experience
An exciting full-time opportunity has arisen within the Peterborough United FC academy medical department for a Physiotherapist to lead the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries for the U21’s Team.
Working within a well-respected Category 2 academy, the chosen applicant will work alongside the Head of Sports Science/Strength & Conditioning and other full-time members of staff to provide excellent evidence-based care to the footballers in the U21’s squad, as well as line-managing our group of full-time and part-time Therapists working within our academy.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing pitch side cover for all U21’s games. This is an ideal role for a qualified physiotherapist looking to further their career in professional football. The successful applicant will also receive CPD as part of the departmental programme.
- Lead the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of U21’s players through all stages of rehab, liaising with the MDT throughout the process, using objective criteria-based progression.
- Provide pitch side cover for U21’s training sessions and games.
- Line-managing our group of full-time and part-time Therapists working within our academy.
- Work with rest of MDT to provide injury prevention screening and programming.
- Liaising effectively with the coaching staff to keep them informed on player availability.
- Keep the PMA updated regarding players’ injuries and rehabilitation sessions.
Requirements of the role:
- BSc Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registered
- Pitch side trauma certificate (e.g. ATMMiF) or willingness to undertake ATMMiF prior to work commencing.
- Demonstrable clinical experience.
- Experience of working with athletes, preferably in professional/academy football
- Evidence of an ongoing CPD portfolio and commitment to continuous professional development
- Ability to use the PMA on-line system for medical documentation.
- Strong anatomy and physiological knowledge.
- Good understanding of stages of rehabilitation and exercise progression and how to apply them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt and take on new initiatives.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to plan and organise work effectively.
- Strong team working skills.
- Flexible to meet the requirements of the needs of the business.
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop.
- Willingness and ability to travel to different sites.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and one page cover letter to Tom Mallett at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re committed to diversity and inclusion and want people from all walks of life to apply for our vacancies. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you. If you need any support with your application, please get in touch with us. We are happy to help.
Peterborough United Football Club is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all children, young people, and adults at risk and this is endorsed by the club’s board. We are committed to ensuring that any club related activity will be in a safe environment where children, young people and adults at risk are protected from harm or abuse whilst under our care.
The club have a safer recruitment policy which sets out our practice to ensure all staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children, young people, and adults at risk.
As part of our safer recruitment policy, we ask every successful candidate to give their consent for us to obtain two written references and to provide us with documentary proof of qualifications.
The successful candidate will also be subject to an enhanced level DBS check along with completing a self-declaration form as part of the recruitment process.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on these requirements being satisfactory..
The closing date for applications is the 7th November 2022.