The football club are seeking four NCS Team Assistants.
Contract: 4 week fixed term contract for Summer Programme
Maximum Salary: £885- £1,107 (Dependent on experience, age, all training days, keep warm events, programme phases and the graduation event being completed) A full breakdown will be explained at interview.
Salary benefit: Accommodation and food provided (residential)
Reporting to: NCS Manager
To support a team of 15 NCS participants through a variety of activities including two
residential stays and a social action project.
• Support a team of up to 15 participants through all phases of the NCS programme.
• Identify participant’s individual needs and provide tailored support accordingly.
• Support and where appropriate deliver guided reflection sessions, team sessions and discussion sessions as and when required in accordance with the NCS ethos.
• Contact and meet your team before the start of the programme to introduce yourself and your Team Mentor and to encourage full participation and turn-up.
• Work with the Team Leader, outdoor instructors and colleagues to support and ensure the enjoyment and achievement of participants.
• Support your Team Leader to manage participant behaviour and attendance in accordance with the procedures set out in the Staff Handbook.
• Be part of an on call rota during the residential period in association with the Team Leader and colleagues.
• Understand the needs of young people and ensure you offer a level of pastoral support, as outlined in the staff handbook.
• Ensure that the programme encourages and maximises the development of employability skills for all NCS participants.
• Act professionally at all times in accordance with the guidelines of the programme.
• Ensure all health & safety protocols are followed in line with the Staff Handbook.
• Ensure the safeguarding of participants in accordance with the Staff Handbook.
• Ensure the project delivery is in line with the equality and diversity policy and guidelines as outlined in the Staff Handbook.
• Take part in team activities and encourage participants throughout all phases of the NCS programme.
• Enable the project to take full advantage of all social enterprise opportunities for NCS
participants and collaborate with external organisations to identify and pursue sponsorship, volunteering and fundraising activities.
• Support administration as outlined in the Staff Handbook (including registers and surveys).
• Positively promote the NCS programme at all times, especially when in contact with all external parties.
• Be committed to the further development of the NCS programme by providing feedback and suggestions to aid its development.
• Any other duties in line with role, salary and responsibility.
• Have experience of working with the young people from different sections of the community in a professional capacity.
• Have experience of working on NCS programmes or other youth development or educational programmes.
• Able to work one to one with young people who require extra support.
• Have an understanding of delivering effective communication skills.
• Able to positively influence young people who display challenging behaviour.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative.
• Experience of voluntary work.
• Experience of residential work in a professional capacity with young people.
• Experience of supporting young people to enable them to reach their full potential.
• Ability to form a rapport with young people and colleagues.
• Be able to demonstrate that you have a commitment to supporting equality and diversity.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven experience of excellent team work and collaboration in stressful situations.
• Ability to maintain appropriate personal boundaries with young people.
• Ability to work manage time effectively in conjunction with the NCS programme.
• Flexibility to work at any reasonable location/additional hours when required.
• Committed to young people’s personal and social development and to providing opportunities which enable them to reach their full potential.
• Promotes and works in accordance with NCS values and ethos.
• Demonstrate working with an empathetic approach in difficult situations.
• A positive, enthusiastic and ‘can do’ approach to work.
• Commitment to quality and excellence through evidence of continuous professional development.
• Demonstrate an understanding of relevant safeguarding/child protection issues.
• Knowledge of how to implement health and safety risk assessments.
• Level 2 in English and Maths.
• A recognised First Aid qualification.
• A full driving licence, with access to a car suitable for use on business is desirable but not essential.
This job is on a fixed term contract. Contracts will be rewarded after interview, and successful completion of training.
This contracts covers:
• Staff training.
• Attending an event hosted for the participants prior to departure.
• Attending a meet and greet where you introduce yourself to your team and their parents.
• Monday – Friday, outward bound residential which may include camping.
• Monday – Friday, inbound residential based in Peterborough.
• 2 weeks (minimum of 60 hours) of project work with your team to plan and develop a project to improve an area of the community, chosen and designed by your team.
• Attend graduation event.
Throughout all of this time, you will be responsible for your team of 15 participants.
There are 2 different start dates this summer. All programmes run for 4 consecutive weeks after the programme start date. You will be asked in interview for your first and second preference.
Programme start dates:
Wave 1- 2nd July 2018
Wave 2- 30th July 2018